New WiFi but can't log in.

Help setting up WiFi
n4wsh

New WiFi but can't log in.

Post by n4wsh »

I recently had to replace my WiFi and I reset up my Nano Spot as I changed the password. I can see the Nano spot is receiving transmissions and I can also use it with my Yaesu FT3D, so that is working, but I still can't log in on my laptop. I get an error message that shows. The Site Can't Be Reached. Did I miss something when I reconfigured the Nano Spot?
KE7FNS
Pi-Star Team

Re: New WiFi but can't log in.

Post by KE7FNS »

n4wsh wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 5:54 pm I recently had to replace my WiFi and I reset up my Nano Spot as I changed the password. I can see the Nano spot is receiving transmissions and I can also use it with my Yaesu FT3D, so that is working, but I still can't log in on my laptop. I get an error message that shows. The Site Can't Be Reached. Did I miss something when I reconfigured the Nano Spot?
I'd look in the configuration of the router and look at the attached devices list, and then use the IP address that the router says is assigned to that device. Enter the assigned IP address instead of the hostname (pi-star) in the URL box and that should connect to the dashboard.

Its also possible that the SD card is corrupted and the web server isn't functioning correctly, so if the above doesn't work you might have to reimage the SD card.
If someones previous actions are any indication of their future actions, then I predict the deletion and removal of access will happen at any moment. 7-11-2020.

"07/13/20 This Website Has Been Taken Down" ... again :lol: and again
n4wsh

Post by n4wsh »

Excellent, the old wifi had the ip at .03 and the new one assigned the Nano-Spot at .07 I'm in, thanks so much.

de N4WSH
KE7FNS
Pi-Star Team

Post by KE7FNS »

n4wsh wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 9:26 pm Excellent, the old wifi had the ip at .03 and the new one assigned the Nano-Spot at .07 I'm in, thanks so much.
You should look into assigning IP addresses in your router using DHCP, that way your IP address never "moves" around, cause if you power the hotspot off for a few days you are going to have the same issue with it being on a different IP address.
If someones previous actions are any indication of their future actions, then I predict the deletion and removal of access will happen at any moment. 7-11-2020.

n4wsh

Post by n4wsh »

Good idea, thanks. It's been a while since I've been on and I'm trying to reset my Nano-Spot up. I live in NW Tennessee and I have a Yaesu FT3D so I'm know it has Yaesu Fusion. Do you know the best settings for radio traffic in this area?
KE7FNS
Pi-Star Team

Post by KE7FNS »

n4wsh wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 3:10 pm Do you know the best settings for radio traffic in this area?
Sorry don't have any newer Yaesu products with digital abilities. Probably would be best to find a YSF repeater in your area and ask those users.

n4wsh

Post by n4wsh »

Ok, thanks for all your help.