WiFi connection on Netgear/ATT Unite

Help setting up WiFi
K9JTV

WiFi connection on Netgear/ATT Unite

Post by K9JTV »

I recently obtained a Netgear 770S Mobile Hotspot to run my JumboSpot off of in my car. The JumboSpot will connect via WiFi to my home router and my iPhone, but will not connect to the Netgear Mobile Hotspot. It has connected a couple of times (shows up on the Hotspot screen), but the IP address issued to it shows 0.0.0.0. Any ideas/suggestions? I bought the Hotspot specifically for mobile use of my JumboSpot.

-Jeff
KE0FHS

Re: WiFi connection on Netgear/ATT Unite

Post by KE0FHS »

Hi Jeff, does the name of your Netgear WiFi network have any spaces in it? That can cause connection problems.
73, Toshen, KE0FHS
Playing with Pi-Star (unofficial notes about setting up and using Pi-Star):
https://amateurradionotes.com/pi-star.htm
K9JTV

Post by K9JTV »

KE0FHS wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 1:43 am Hi Jeff, does the name of your Netgear WiFi network have any spaces in it? That can cause connection problems.
No, I changed the Netgear SSID to my call sign, K9JTV. BTDT with my iPhone. Actually I had read about spaces and punctuation marks causing problems, so before I tried connecting my JumboSpot to my iPhone, I changed the SSID to remove spaces and punctuation.

-Jeff
K9JTV

Post by K9JTV »

Problem solved. I did a factory reset on the Hotspot and left all the defaults and all of a sudden everything started working. Sort of surprised since the default Hotspot name is UNITE-507C. Thought the dash might cause problems with the JumboSpot.

-Jeff