Linksys WRT54g w Jumbospot won't connect to DMR Mstr

Help setting up WiFi
KA2UGZ

Linksys WRT54g w Jumbospot won't connect to DMR Mstr

Post by KA2UGZ »

I have two AP routers at home. The one I use for projects is a LinksysWRT54G, the other that runs the rest of the home is Archer C7. Making no other changes in the Jumbospot, I CAN operate properly when on the 2.4g Archer WiFi. When I connect to the Linksys I see timeout error in the Live Logs.

There are no punctuation marks in either ESSID, both AP's connect directly to the internet router. I don't have any trouble connecting to WiFi at work or at friends homes although no one is using an old Linksys like this.

I have tried different masters and isnt a problem when I connect to the Archer.

Any thoughts?

When I use USA Masters, I think the port is 62031 when I look at the EXPERT MMDVMHost screen under DMR. I didn't need to open any ports where I have been successful.... I'm wondering if somehow this range is blocked or reserved by Linksys.

Thanks - KA2UGZ Jay
M1DNS
Pi-Star Team

Re: Linksys WRT54g w Jumbospot won't connect to DMR Mstr

Post by M1DNS »

Look at the WiFi protocols used in the WRT54G.
I'm wondering if it's a WEP Vs WPA thing.
I've noted many posts here and in the FB group where the pi isn't happy connecting via WEP.

Andrew M1DNS, (Mod)

Andrew M1DNS.
Pi-star Admin Team.
KA2UGZ

Re: Linksys WRT54g w Jumbospot won't connect to DMR Mstr

Post by KA2UGZ »

I checked for that too... its WPA2 PSK on the WRT54G. I should mention that the Pi-Star does connect and get an address from the AP and I am able to access the Pi-Star configuration screens remotely with a laptop on the same AP. Its seems like there is a port that is blocked since the logs show attempting to connect to the BM USA servers and always time out. All I do is connect to a different Archer AP and "boom" it all works.

Thanks for the reply, de ka2ugz jay