Hello to all, having issues with the dashboard.

Help setting up WiFi
2E0JGR

Re: Hello to all, having issues with the dashboard.

Post by 2E0JGR »

AF4FA wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 6:30 pm Have you downloaded the live logs file and looked at it to see what the system had to say about the wifi startup?
No not as such as I have found the issue and that is the WI-FI module has failed and now the actual PI has given up the ghost and wont boot under any condition. It was showing issues in the past with a few glitches and now it all makes sense.

Oh well I will buy another on very shortly. :cry:
2E0JGR

Post by 2E0JGR »

Well good news I am now active on Wi-Fi via Pistar with a new Raspberry PI3 B+.
All the setting and issues was nothing to do with the software or my incorrect inputs it was due to the earlier PI3 B failing on me such as the WIFI module went down and then the PI thereafter. Sure glad the raspberry pi's are not expensive.
PA0ESH

Post by PA0ESH »

I have been at t now for more than a day, build three fresh images on brand new sd cards, with the latest postar downloads, and there is no wifi. There is also no acces point visible. Not after 2 minutes, or 10 minutes or one hour.
I put in the ethercable and I can reach it. If i test with iwconfig, or ifclnfig, no wlan0 to be found or other name for the wireless interface..

The last resort is maybe to burn it on a windows pc.
But i doubt it because in the past it all worked perfectly welll.
2E0JGR

Post by 2E0JGR »

What model of PI are you using?
MW0MWZ
Site Admin

Post by MW0MWZ »

2E0JGR wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 4:45 pm Thanks for the information and I have duly acted upon those suggestions and unfortunately that failed so I am at a loss and going to try an old version of the G4KLX software and see if I can access the Wi-Fi setting via a direct link via a VNC connection and if I can set it up this way then there has to be a glitch with either my router or PI-Star software or I have a bad PI3. I will update shortly.
Can you give us a screenshot of the top of the config page where it shows the Pi hardware that Pi-Star is running on.

When the WiFi panel does not show up, that is because the WiFi hardware is NOT detected, if you have a Pi A/B/2, 2+ there will be no WiFi, if this is really a Pi 3/3B/3B+ then it *should* have WiFi but it could still be broken.
Andy

73 de MW0MWZ
http://pistar.uk
2E0JGR

Post by 2E0JGR »

Hello Andy, I think we have a mix up of posts on here from two different members, I got my PI3 sorted via a new one as the older one had electronic issues hence me not being able to access the Wi-Fi and my original posting, seems to be a common issue with the older PI3 where as there is no problem with the PI3 B+ version and its subsequent upgrades. I was offering my help to PA0ESH as I had similar issues prior to me fixing mine.
MW0MWZ
Site Admin

Post by MW0MWZ »

2E0JGR wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:50 am Hello Andy, I think we have a mix up of posts on here from two different members, I got my PI3 sorted via a new one as the older one had electronic issues hence me not being able to access the Wi-Fi and my original posting, seems to be a common issue with the older PI3 where as there is no problem with the PI3 B+ version and its subsequent upgrades. I was offering my help to PA0ESH as I had similar issues prior to me fixing mine.
I've seen this happen maybe once before too - the WiFi on a Pi 3 just failing to show up - very weird.
Andy

73 de MW0MWZ
http://pistar.uk