wifi en utilisation portable

Help setting up WiFi
f4eit

wifi en utilisation portable

Post by f4eit »

Bonjour
je suis très agé et presque entierement aveugle je vous demande mon indulgence.je possede un hotspot MINI MMDVM pi-star que j'ai reussi difficilement a programmé, Il fonctionne très bien a mon qra avec la wifi de ma FREEBOX REVOLUTION . Je possede un iphone 6 sur lequel j'ai programmé le partage de connection. lorsque sur iphone je consulte les reseaux en service je vois bien mon reseau wifi de la freebox mais je ne vois pas le reseau pi-star. donc je ne peut pas utiliser mon pocket ANYTONE 878 en pieton hors de ma maison.
J'pprecierais beaucoup une aide a parametrer en wifi le Mini mmdvm et l'iphone lorsque je suis dans la rue
remerciements Roger Hello
I am very old and almost completely blind I ask you my indulgence.I have a hotspot MINI MMDVM pi-star that I managed hard to programmed, It works very well to my qra with the wifi of my FREEBOX REVOLUTION. I have an iphone 6 on which I programmed the connection sharing. when on iphone I consults networks in service I see my wifi network freebox but I do not see the network pi-star. so I can not use my pocket ANYTONE 878 in pedestrian out of my house.
I would like a lot help parametrer wifi mini mmdvm and iphone when I'm in the street
thanks Roger f4eit
AF6VN

Re: wifi en utilisation portable

Post by AF6VN »

In normal usage, the Pi-Star will be a WiFi CLIENT, it will not be an access point (it will only go into access point mode IF it is unable to make a WiFi connection to a preset access point).

If you have your phone configured as a WiFi access point, it should be looking for clients -- in the meantime, if the Pi-Star does not have the parameters for the phone access point supplied, and is out of range of the home router, it will go into access point mode waiting for a client to connect to it.

On the Pi-Star configuration page, scroll down to "Wireless Configuration" (It should be showing you home router connection), and click on "Configure WiFi". You want to ADD a second network that has your PHONE SSID and PSK information.

If done correctly, whenever the Pi-Star is out of range of the home router, it /should/ look for the phone access point.

--
AF6VN
Dennis L Bieber
f4eit

Post by f4eit »

ello
I went on the wifi configuration of pi-star I have Network 0 my wifi freebox revolution I add network 1 wifi pi-star with my password I went on my iphone 6 I connected wifi pi- star.j "pressed the pedal of my pocket Anytone 878 nothing goes in broadcast
I contacted Apple Care who checked my connection pi-star he told me that there was indeed a wifi connection between pi-star and iphone so why it does not work. when I go on the wifi connection of my freebox at my home it works.
Cordialites Roger
MW0MWZ
Site Admin

Post by MW0MWZ »

Do you have tethering enabled / available on your cellphone plan ?
Andy

73 de MW0MWZ
http://pistar.uk