WiFi Connection Bug?

Help setting up WiFi
K6BKD

WiFi Connection Bug?

Post by K6BKD »

I've got a ZUMspot w/OLED screen and configured it just like my old one. I'm on Pi-Star 4.1.0 RC7. It's connecting and associating to the WPA Enterprise network at work, but is not getting an IP address. I've been working with the networking guys and it looks like the DHCP Server is not seeing any requests for IP address coming from the device. So it's getting flagged as Static IP: True on our ClearPass system. So my question is there a timing problem with the new firmware that only seems to affect the WPA Enterprise longer login process. It works fine at home and on my mobile hotspot on my iPhone XR. So I'm posting here to see if this is a known issue or a bug.

Thanks for your time.
Ben (K6BKD)
KA9MOT

Re: WiFi Connection Bug?

Post by KA9MOT »

Nice...no response.

I have the same problem here, and my buddy has and my other buddy too. No connection to Xfinity WiFi at home or elsewhere. I can connect to my phone and any other WiFi except Xfinity.

I've moved my MMDVM Hotspot board to one of my Pi 3B+ and it looks like it may work on LAN......

Since you have so many steller responses I guess I'll have to call comcast again......
K6BKD

Re: WiFi Connection Bug?

Post by K6BKD »

Update for this issue. I found that only WPA2 Enterprise is not supported anymore, in that I think our backend systems at my University where I work got an upgrade and now I can't connect. I can connect to WPA2 Personal on my home network or mobile hotspot on my iPhone. As well as an SSID we have for non eduroam compatible devices and it works fine.

So I'm working, but not as cleanly as I would like.

Thanks,
Ben - K6BKD