Multiple WiFi Networks with Pi-Zero

Help setting up WiFi
NO8J

Multiple WiFi Networks with Pi-Zero

Post by NO8J »

Is there a limit in the number of WiFi networks you can setup on a Pi-zero based hotspot? My reason for asking?

A fellow ham I've been talking with on the radio first setup his hotspot with his home WiFi and subsequently added a second WiFi network; his cell phone providing the WiFi for the hotspot. Both network connections work fine with the hotspot.

When visiting his friend, he added a third network, entering the SSID and PSK settings and was unable to connect. He verified that the account settings were correct and confirmed that the network was a 2.4 Ghz system. Likewise he went to add a fourth account for his work WiFi network and had no success.

I have a Zumspot based on a Raspberry Pi 3B and have four networks with no issues.

If there are no limitations, what other factors could be preventing him from adding these network accounts ?

Thanks es 73
NO8J
M1DNS
Pi-Star Team

Re: Multiple WiFi Networks with Pi-Zero

Post by M1DNS »

You can proritise Wi-Fi connections 1-100 (100 being highest priority) so I guess that tells us it's limited to 100 overall configed connections.

None really, was the whole point of including pistar AP so you can configure ad-hoc connections when away from home.

Maybe security protocols in the access point ?? pistar (or I guess the Pi) uses WPA protocol. I had 0 luck one time when atempting a connection with a older router at a local venue which ran WEP protocols.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Andrew M1DNS.
Pi-star Admin Team.