BUG: Editing Wi-Fi config will trash a PSK containing an "=" character

Help setting up WiFi
AD7UZ

BUG: Editing Wi-Fi config will trash a PSK containing an "=" character

Post by AD7UZ »

(I posted this in IP Networking but it occurs to me this is a better place for it.)

I am a new ZUMspot owner and this drove me nuts for hours. I have condensed my troubles to a few steps to reproduce the issue.

1. Setup Network 0, with a PSK like “a11IX1s<v-9j>F{i;x:eb6HbZWs[?tqnz=>#Jh+4>f+hw3qu2zr4Q-a9XI")\wP” (many characters changed from my real PSK)
2. Save Wireless Configuration, and backup the system configuration to “file1.zip”
3. Add a Network 1. (What is entered doesn’t matter.)
4. Save Wireless Configuration, and backup the system configuration to “file2.zip”
5. Compare the wpa_supplicant.conf files in file1.zip and file2.zip.

You will note in the wpa_supplicant.conf from file2.zip the PSK for Network 0 has been truncated before the “=” character. If you are really observant, and I wasn’t, you will notice an insufficient number of “dots” are displayed representing Network 0’s PSK when performing step three. The truncation occurs when the Network 0’s PSK is loaded from the configuration into the web form for step 3.

Workaround: Whenever adding, deleting or editing the Wi-Fi networks always reenter the PSK that contains the “=”.

This occurs in two versions of Pi-Star I tested, version 3.4.17_xx that came pre-loaded, and the latest version 4.1.2_20.

AD7UZ
AD7UZ

Re: BUG: Editing Wi-Fi config will trash a PSK containing an "=" character

Post by AD7UZ »

Three versions later, this is still an issue.

Regards,
Jim