Wifi Info lost

Help setting up WiFi
WT3R

Wifi Info lost

Post by WT3R »

I have now set up my Zumspot 3 times and the wifi info created from the pi-star site keeps getting deleted. Every time I try and start up the hot spot it does not connect to internet, unable to connect to it, also the zumspot wifi does not show up either.

Another issue is the P25 network never seems to connect. I could connect to it, shows me connecting to it only.
KE7FNS
Pi-Star Team

Re: Wifi Info lost

Post by KE7FNS »

WT3R wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 11:55 pm I have now set up my Zumspot 3 times and the wifi info created from the pi-star site keeps getting deleted.
If you mean that the wpa_supplicant.conf file that you copied to the /boot partition keeps getting deleted, well that is how it is supposed to work.

It moves that file to the OS partition where it is needed. Once that is done it doesn't need it anymore so it gets removed and any settings just get read from the OS partition for future bootings.

Is your wifi hidden, or some outdated/bad security choice like WEP?
If someones previous actions are any indication of their future actions, then I predict the deletion and removal of access will happen at any moment. 7-11-2020.

"07/13/20 This Website Has Been Taken Down" ... again :lol:
WT3R

Post by WT3R »

OK. That is why it disappears. No it is the current standard. It is viewable, etc etc. I have it up stairs on a shelf, maybe 9ft from router through a wall. Great signal position. When I had it at computer working on it, I could connect to it on Firefox and work from within the settings. Now that I moved it, nothing, nadda. I don't even see the WiFi it would create if it wasn't connected to anything. Also, when I was able to get into config the P25 Network I think is what it was called was never green. Everything else was, I was never able to get the parrot working either, still no joy. I had this thing running before on an older OS, haven't used in a while. I am at a loss.

With it running, I do see the P25 indicator light up, never see a light when it should be transmitting however.
WT3R

Post by WT3R »

haha I figured out why I couldnt connect I changed the tag to my callsign. I am in the settings again. but still no joy getting it to connect to system.
WT3R

Post by WT3R »

attached image of dashboard
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (41.71 KiB) Viewed 1046 times
KE7FNS
Pi-Star Team

Post by KE7FNS »

WT3R wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 1:00 am attached image of dashboard
I don't have any experience with P25.

From the looks of the pictures, it isn't connecting to a P25 server correctly. (P25 net is red and it says Service not started in the p25 network area a bit lower) Check the logs and see what they say.

Whens the last time you did an update and upgrade?

Also, I would suggest updating the firmware of the ZumSpot, 1.3.3 is from Feb 2018.
If someones previous actions are any indication of their future actions, then I predict the deletion and removal of access will happen at any moment. 7-11-2020.

"07/13/20 This Website Has Been Taken Down" ... again :lol:
WT3R

Post by WT3R »

Thank-you, It has been a while since I have ran this thing. The update was likely the culprit. Thanks again.