Pi-star does not see wifi

Help setting up WiFi
ki7fcg

Pi-star does not see wifi

Post by ki7fcg »

When I boot up my pi star it does not see the wifi network. It just sits on the "initializing" screen but never shows up on the wifi list. Running a IP scanner shows its address but I can't connect to it because it does not see the wifi network. It was working for a few weeks and then suddenly did not see the network. I have rebooted the router and pi star several times with no luck. I also downloaded the wifi supplicant file to the root of the sd card but no luck there either. What next?
ki7fcg

Re: Pi-star does not see wifi

Post by ki7fcg »

Yeah, no luck. It is a zumspot and the "initializing" is showing on the zumspot. I am about ready to throw this thing in the trash. Followed your instructions but no dice. It does not show up on the computer wifi list even after disconnecting everything else. My router sees it but not the computer. cant get to it with i p address wired or wireless.
Last edited by ki7fcg on Wed Mar 03, 2021 1:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
ki7fcg

Post by ki7fcg »

Yes, Zumspot Nextion. As I said the router shows it connected to it but the computer does not see it or connect via IP address wired or wireless. As I said I have reset the router and Zumspot several times and waited for a few hours more than once.
AF6VN

Post by AF6VN »

And if neither of those work -- it may be the ROUTER that needs configuration. Some are rigged to NOT allow WiFi clients to talk with other LAN clients -- only the Internet (a setting common to "public" WiFi nodes).

--
AF6VN
Dennis L Bieber