Connecting My radio to my Pi-Star hotspot via a Mobile Hotspot and 5g

Help setting up WiFi
2D0KFF

Connecting My radio to my Pi-Star hotspot via a Mobile Hotspot and 5g

Post by 2D0KFF »

Hi.

How easy is it to connect my radio when out mobile to the Pi-Star via my `Hotspot` connection via my mobile telephone ( Samsung S20) I have heard that there is a app available for this function.
KE7FNS
Pi-Star Team

Re: Connecting My radio to my Pi-Star hotspot via a Mobile Hotspot and 5g

Post by KE7FNS »

2D0KFF wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 5:49 pm How easy is it to connect my radio when out mobile to the Pi-Star via my `Hotspot` connection via my mobile telephone ( Samsung S20) I have heard that there is a app available for this function.
There is no difference in the operation of your radio.

You simply enable the moblie wifi hotspot feature to provide internet access from your phone, and then configure the Pi-star hotspot to the wifi information. Once you have an internet connection, everything works just as if you were at home.
If someones previous actions are any indication of their future actions, then I predict the deletion and removal of access will happen at any moment. 7-11-2020.

"07/13/20 This Website Has Been Taken Down" ... again :lol:
2D0KFF

Post by 2D0KFF »

Thanks, that is what I thought, although it just does`nt seem to connect. I will take another look.
KE7FNS
Pi-Star Team

Post by KE7FNS »

2D0KFF wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 6:49 pm Thanks, that is what I thought, although it just does`nt seem to connect. I will take another look.
I'm not sure what "it" is in your sentence. Is it the hotspot not connecting to your phone? or is it the radio not connecting to the hotspot, or is it the hotspot not connecting to the DMR master.

One thing I can think of is if you are using a RPi Zero W, it only has 2.4 GHz wifi support, so if your S20 doesn't provide 2.4 it won't connect.
If someones previous actions are any indication of their future actions, then I predict the deletion and removal of access will happen at any moment. 7-11-2020.

"07/13/20 This Website Has Been Taken Down" ... again :lol: