PI-Star Configuration page not showing WIFI Configuration section section

Help setting up WiFi
KC1OED

PI-Star Configuration page not showing WIFI Configuration section section

Post by KC1OED »

I need some help. I am using a DVMEGA Dual band hot spot with embedded WIFI and Bluetooth. It is configured with a Raspberry PI 3+ running PI-STAR 4.1.4.
Hostname - pi-star, Kernel -4.19.97-v7+, Platform - Pi 3 Model B (1GB) - Embest, CH

The platform no longer displays a WIFI section in the Configuration Page.
The webpage configuration displayed sections that are shown are:

Gateway hardware Information
Control Software
General Information
D-Star Configuration
Firewall Configuration
and then
Remote Access Password.
But no Wireless Configuration section.

This PI-STAR unit previous displayed and provided access to the WIFI config for a half a year now. However since powering down, and re-powering this section has disappeared. I can only connect the hotspot with a Cat5 cable.
Are there any expert changes or other that can help with this? or anything other suggestions. I cannot find anything.
Thanks
KE7FNS
Pi-Star Team

Re: PI-Star Configuration page not showing WIFI Configuration section section

Post by KE7FNS »

KC1OED wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 8:19 pm or anything other suggestions. I cannot find anything.
The way the dashboard is designed is it checks for the existence of the hardware device, because some boards do not have wifi so the wifi is not displayed.

For some unknown reason, maybe SD card corruption, or a hardware failure, your OS is not reporting the hardware device and the dashboard thinks it does not exist on your system, therefore it doesn't display that section.

You need to reimage the SD card with the latest Pi-star and then check to see if the wifi is functioning BEFORE you restore your configuration settings. Then if the wifi works correctly try restoring your configuration and check it again.

If none of that that worked then I would conclude there is a hardware failure on your RPi and you need to replace it.
If someones previous actions are any indication of their future actions, then I predict the deletion and removal of access will happen at any moment. 7-11-2020.

"07/13/20 This Website Has Been Taken Down" ... again :lol:
KC1OED

Re: PI-Star Configuration page not showing WIFI Configuration section section

Post by KC1OED »

Thanks Much, Reflashing worked.