Wi-Fi Hot Spot connection

Help setting up WiFi
w4rss

Wi-Fi Hot Spot connection

Post by w4rss »

I have a Zumspot that is configured to connect to my home network. I also have a Wi-Fi hotspot that two phones and one computer connect to when we are on the road.

My problem: I cannot get the Zumspot to connect like all my other devices do. The SSID is a text string 'On the Go MiFi 1D5D' and I have entered the correct password. Pi-star configuration can see the hotspot but it will not connect.

Can anyone point me in a direction to solve this issue?

Thanks,
Dick
WB2KWC

Re: Wi-Fi Hot Spot connection

Post by WB2KWC »

Try changing the SSID to something without imbedded spaces
w4rss

Post by w4rss »

I'm not sure how to do that. It's a self contained wi-fi hotspot, I'm not s sure how to get inside it to change the ssid.
WB2KWC

Post by WB2KWC »

It is usually done with a browser rather than opening up the device and making hardware changes. Unfortunately I am not familiar with that device. Is there a support number you can call?
K2DV

Post by K2DV »

I had a problem connecting also. I determined that I was trying to connect to the 5 Ghz side of my two speed router. It only works on the 2.4 Ghz side

Good Luck
Don
TB2TBX

Post by TB2TBX »

Hello all,

same problem here.. I did all of things as same home network and cellphone network that but can't connect. I prefer to use on my cell phone's hotspot :)

Br.
Burak
73' TB2TBX / 2860338