JumboSpot Help Please!!

Help setting up WiFi
K9JTV

JumboSpot Help Please!!

Post by K9JTV »

Just received my JumboSpot and can't get it to stay connected to my network. I go on the pistar.uk site and use the Wi-Fi Builder to create a "wpa_supplicant.conf" file, copy it to the SD card that came with the JumboSpot (which came with all of the files on it already), plug the SD card in the apply power to the JumboSpot. I can see the JumboSpot connect to my Wi-Fi, but it only stays connected for a few seconds and I can never get my browser to connect to the JumboSpot. I have tried entering "http://pi-star/" and the IP address that my router assigns to the JumboSpot.

Also, I don't know if this is normal or not, but when I put the SD card back in my laptop and look at the files on it, the "wpa_supplicant.conf" is gone.

Any/all help is appreciated.

-Jeff, KD9JTV
2E0ENN

Re: JumboSpot Help Please!!

Post by 2E0ENN »

The Pi-Star software is read only, so you would need to make ir read/write before making any changes
K9JTV

Re: JumboSpot Help Please!!

Post by K9JTV »

Thanks. I got called away and left the Jumbo Spot powered on and when I came back I could see where my router gave it an IP address. I am now in the web interface and configuring it.

-Jeff

KD9JTV