connect two DVAPS (UHF,VHF) to one pi-star?

DVAP Red Dongle
ve6en

connect two DVAPS (UHF,VHF) to one pi-star?

Post by ve6en »

Hi

I was wondering if it is possible to connect two DVAPS to a single pi-star, one VHF and one UHF to create a hotspot with a "B and C" module? Currently I am running both on two separate raspberry pis.

Many thanks
Andrew
VE6EN
M1DNS
Pi-Star Team

Re: connect two DVAPS (UHF,VHF) to one pi-star?

Post by M1DNS »

ve6en wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:44 am Hi

I was wondering if it is possible to connect two DVAPS to a single pi-star, one VHF and one UHF to create a hotspot with a "B and C" module? Currently I am running both on two separate raspberry pis.

Many thanks
Andrew
VE6EN
just kicking around the forum today and found ur post... a little late in reply but,
yes it can be done but pistar config wont do the work for you.
you'll have to manually edit files to add the additional module and second instance of dstar repeater. most of the needed changes will be in admin/ expert, with exception starting the 2nd instance.
youll also need to make changes to the dashboard webpages, if you want to include the additional info on the dashboard, also changes in dstar manager and a few other files. not for the faint of heart, but yes, it can be done.

there are other images that can be used to easier do what you want, but of course you wont have many of the pistar features you have come to like using. :D
Andrew M1DNS.
Pi-star Admin Team.