Just got a DVR-PTR.

DVR-PTR V1, V2 and V3 Support
du2uxh

Just got a DVR-PTR.

Post by du2uxh »

Hello. I hope someone reads this. I got the above toy but not sure what version it is. It has a piggy back board inside with a RJ45 and RJ11 connector. I wanted to make a D-Star gateway or repeater using this board and a GM300 radio. Can someone help me what I need to set it up and where can I download the programs needed to get it working?

Many thanks and appreciate the help.

Max
n9mxq

Re: Just got a DVR-PTR.

Post by n9mxq »

Gene in Belvidere IL
Please don't email me with questions.
That's what these forums are for.
There's much more brainpower collected here
than I have alone.
KE7FNS
Pi-Star Team

Post by KE7FNS »

du2uxh wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 4:39 am Can someone help me what I need to set it up and where can I download the programs needed to get it working?
You download and configure Pi-Star. You'll probably also have to buy a Raspberry Pi and microSD card because you haven't said if what you have came with one or not.

This should help you with the downloading and some of the beginning configuration settings.
https://amateurradionotes.com/pi-star.htm

there are also a number of videos on Youtube, viewforum.php?f=15

As far as your DVR-PTR read through the other posts in this area of the forum for answers, as I see a number of people have gotten it working by selecting "dstarrepeater" as the Controller Software.
If someones previous actions are any indication of their future actions, then I predict the deletion and removal of access will happen at any moment. 7-11-2020.

"07/13/20 This Website Has Been Taken Down" ... again :lol: and again
M1DNS
Pi-Star Team

Post by M1DNS »

When you setup pistar, set it up using dstarrepeater setup and not MMDVM setup because this board isn't compatible with MMDVM or MMDVMhost.

Sent via smoke signals from my SM-G935F M1DNS (Admin)

Andrew M1DNS.
Pi-star Admin Team.
du2uxh

Post by du2uxh »

Thanks for all your replies. What I want to do is to use the DVR-PTR and GM300 as a D-STAR Gateway or perhaps a repeater. I have a working Pi-Star Hotspot out of Raspberry pi zero, that I use for DMR and D-Star.

After reading a few sites about this device (DVR-PTR), I think I know what I needed most. I need the DV-RPTR Control Center program but the link in dvrptr.net doesn't show the files, instead it just direct me to yahoo.com.

I really appreciate if someone can send me a working link where I can download PC Software: DVRPTR Control Center software.

Many thanks.
M1DNS
Pi-Star Team

Post by M1DNS »

If your running pistar with this board you wont be using the control software that was produced by the boards developer. Thats a seperate software that runs in a windows OS which you would run instead of pistar.

The board works with pistar, when pistar is configured in a dstarrepeater setup. ie your using dstarrepeater software within pistar setup and not MMDVMhost setup as you are with your pistar DMR.

Sent via smoke signals from my SM-G935F M1DNS (Admin)

Andrew M1DNS.
Pi-star Admin Team.