I'm curious about which radios will cross-band between my hotspot (UHF) and the 2M band, in order to extend my handheld range from beyond my house.
I think these conditions have to be met when choosing a dual-band and cross-band capable radio for this task:
- Channels for cross-band are programmed in FM mode, not a digital mode.
- Fast PTT (COR) time and hang time (otherwise beginning packets may be missed).
- No CTCSS or other squelch codes enabled.... carrier-squelched only.
- Flat, or near-flat audio equalization through the cross-band radio.
- Downlink (output) channel's deviation is equal or close to that of the D-STAR or YSF handheld radio and hotspot. (Check with a service monitor)
- VHF and UHF channels are simplex only.
Comments on good radios for this type of cross-banding?
Radio Equipment that can be used in Amateur Radio and where to get them. User support for those little problems that frequently occur and other little issues relation to Radio Equipment
1 post • Page 1 of 1