Australian Foundation License - Gateway function - IC9700

Radio Equipment that can be used in Amateur Radio and where to get them. User support for those little problems that frequently occur and other little issues relation to Radio Equipment
VK2FMET

Re: Australian Foundation License - Gateway function - IC9700

Post by VK2FMET »

My apologies - I meant no offense.
I am using the second meaning of "regime" here not the first,
regime:
1. a government, especially an authoritarian one.
2. a system or ordered way of doing things.

It is simply the current order.
Alan
VK1AO
M1DNS
Pi-Star Team

Post by M1DNS »

Ok fair do's

Just as an update we've just had a meet up on the pistar admins chat group...

Your callsign passes through pistar / mmdvmhost but can't see it connect to REF, dplus. Our own pistar multi reflector passes your call sign just fine. All using rf tx dstar hearing it on YSF, showing it's def. passing through.

Andys going to have a look at terminal mode later, see what happens their, we'll try to trace it down.

Might take a while but work is in progress.
and at some part it'll need the input of mmdvm guys etc. As mentioned above.
But we're def. listening.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Andrew M1DNS.
Pi-star Admin Team.
AF6VN

Post by AF6VN »

VK2FMET wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:51 am Correct.
It is clearly the case that the radio requires 7 characters PLUS the command letter. In most cases this is 6 =< characters then a space and the command letter [I,E,L,U]
Info, Echo, and Unlink -- for many sites -- merely requires the command letter in the 8th place, and the other 7 can be blank.

Link, however, puts the command letter into the 8th place, and shifts the module letter (commonly A, B, or C identifying a repeater's frequency band, or G for Gateway via repeater) that normally resides in 8th to the left 7th place

--
AF6VN
Dennis L Bieber
VK2FMET

Post by VK2FMET »

M1DNS wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:54 pm Your callsign passes through pistar / mmdvmhost but can't see it connect to REF, dplus. Our own pistar multi reflector passes your call sign just fine. All using rf tx dstar hearing it on YSF, showing it's def. passing through.
I have currently no issue at all using my icom on pistar - I have enjoyed many worldwide dstar nets in the last few weeks. I enjoy how easy it is to go thru all the multimode reflectors.

Thanks for your support.
Alan
VK1AO
VK2FMET

Post by VK2FMET »

AF6VN wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:02 pm Link, however, puts the command letter into the 8th place, and shifts the module letter (commonly A, B, or C identifying a repeater's frequency band, or G for Gateway via repeater) that normally resides in 8th to the left 7th place
This may be so - but at the moment no one needs to link to my callsign. I'm linking to others so it doesn't present an issue in this regard unless I wanted to build a reflector under my callsign. Does it?
Alan
VK1AO
M1DNS
Pi-Star Team

Post by M1DNS »

VK2FMET wrote: I have currently no issue at all using my icom on pistar - I have enjoyed many worldwide dstar nets in the last few weeks. I enjoy how easy it is to go thru all the multimode reflectors.

Thanks for your support.
Your welcome, and
Now I've caught up I can see my problem. Two of you on the same post, similar calls and I've been reading both of you as one. (It's been a long dayImage)

We'll get to checking out terminal mode on ur 7digit calls and if there's a fix, it'll get done. Image

Andrew M1DNS.
Pi-star Admin Team.
VK2FMET

Post by VK2FMET »

M1DNS wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:13 pm We'll get to checking out terminal mode on ur 7digit calls and if there's a fix, it'll get done. Image
Thanks again Andrew.
I've been using pi-star with DStar and my 7 callsign for a while via RF so it would be surprising to need MMDVM involvement.
Alan
VK1AO
M1DNS
Pi-Star Team

Post by M1DNS »

Ok well to be clear It's not MMDVM as in MMDVMhost, but those involved in the mmdvm project, the developers. 'KLX who invisaged MMDVM first wrote dstarrepeater and ircddbgateway. I think everything collectively is now known as openDV. Pretty much all changes pistar make concerning 'openDV' get pushed back up the line to them, so we all benefit.

Anyways, I think I'm done here now, until something new occures or if someone else adds to the party.

Andrew M1DNS.
Pi-star Admin Team.
VK7HSE

Post by VK7HSE »

The ACMA resolved to allow Australian foundation licences to now apply for a new callsign to replace the old 7 character format. All future foundation licences will not be provided with the VK7Fxxx. So any current Australian foundation licences that have the old format are encouraged to apply for the 6 character callsign, this will resolve the problem that was first mentioned in the post.

For those interested here's the link to the ACMA media release on the topic of licensing changes.

https://www.acma.gov.au/changes-amateur ... ign-policy

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk