TYT MD-2017

Radio Equipment that can be used in Amateur Radio and where to get them. User support for those little problems that frequently occur and other little issues relation to Radio Equipment
k6jwf

TYT MD-2017

Post by k6jwf »

A question..I cant seem to get this radio to "stay" for TX on the TG that I have in "sticky" in pi-star-mmdvm (say 3100), So this is what happens...I'm listening just fine to a QSO on say 3100, which I have in STATIC in the dashboard. So now I want to join the QSO or say something, I then have to go MENU > CONTACTS > MANUAL DIAL and type in the 3100 and then key, and it will then be able to TX to TG3100 ....15 seconds later....I'm having to do the EXACT same thing if I wait more then say 5 seconds between a mic keying. I am one of "those" guys that actually try not to quick key in case another station wants to join the QSO, like I said if I do that...it looses the TG and I end up with a red light and see my user# > TG0 in the display and at that time I have to quickly ...go back to the MENU> CONTACTS > MANUAL DIAL thing again.....wowowowo. IS ther a setting I'm missing in the settings of this radio? Any help appreciated!