BTECH DMR-6X2 7-Watt Dual Band Two-Way Radio

Radio Equipment that can be used in Amateur Radio and where to get them. User support for those little problems that frequently occur and other little issues relation to Radio Equipment
KB1ILJ

BTECH DMR-6X2 7-Watt Dual Band Two-Way Radio

Post by KB1ILJ »

Anyone have any thoughts on this radio? It looks like a carbon copy of the Anytone, less the Bluetooth PTT button .
KB1ILJ

Re: BTECH DMR-6X2 7-Watt Dual Band Two-Way Radio

Post by KB1ILJ »

KE7FNS,
Thanks for the info.
N7EVL

Re: BTECH DMR-6X2 7-Watt Dual Band Two-Way Radio

Post by N7EVL »

BTECH, or BaofengTech, is a US company that makes legal licensed variants of other radios, and typically adds a few improvements in software for creature comfort / quality of life ( like their 5X3, which is a UV-5R variant, but has a much better display, scanning functionality, memory management, and the 220 MHz band ). They've been around for years and they have great customer service ( they even replaced a radio for me free even though I damaged it with a bad antenna ).

Yes, the DMR-6X2 is an Anytone clone. When it first came out, it was somewhere between an 868 and 878 feature-wise. It doesn't have any Bluetooth option, but it has much better scanning and ad hoc DMR capabilities. BTECH has continually released new firmware and updates for it, so at this point it does everything the 878 does and more ( minus the Bluetooth, of course ). I've had mine for two years and had no issues at all. Miklor did a review of the 6X2 here ( http://www.miklor.com/COM/Review_DMR6X2.php ) where you can get more info about the differences.