Retevis RT-82

Radio Equipment that can be used in Amateur Radio and where to get them. User support for those little problems that frequently occur and other little issues relation to Radio Equipment
M0GLJ

Retevis RT-82

Post by M0GLJ »

Guy's

I need your help. I have just acquired a Retevis RT-82 and I want to update the firmware to the latest experimental firmware using the latest firmware avaialabe that is similar to MD380 tools. Can somebody point me in the direction of the software that will let me flash the firmware and where i can get the firmware

Thanks in Advance
Adrian M0GLJ
G8OGJ

Re: Retevis RT-82

Post by G8OGJ »

I have one of these also. Its a very good radio but the programming interface is absolutely awful. Battery life is second to none. Any assistance welcome.

Ian
Amateur Radio Station G8OGJ
G8OGJ

Re: Retevis RT-82

Post by G8OGJ »

Further to my last, I am having trouble with APRS. I can only, it appears, set the radio to beacon location periodically (and then only on one channel (Zone)) - but then APRS.fi shows my location as Koblenz in Germany under G8OGJ-DP or some such. I have not been to Koblenz with my RT-82. Indeed, I have not been to Koblenz for many years. This is through my DV4Mini dongle. I have not tried through the JumboSpot yet.

Any thoughts or tips on APRS with the RT-82?

Ideally it would beacon location on PTT only, so not clutter the channel with periodic location updates which are simply wasteful of battery and bandwidth.

Ian
Amateur Radio Station G8OGJ