Thanks, and...Tutorial or YouTube vid?

Here is where you can get help with using and setting up POCSAG and related topics
WU0V

Thanks, and...Tutorial or YouTube vid?

Post by WU0V » Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:01 pm

Many thanks to the entire European team for the upgrades and enhancements to Pi-Star (which was fabulous even before all the new features). As DAPnet and POCSAG aren’t things I’ve heard of before and I’m not sure the feature even works in this hemisphere, I’m going to need to study up. I’ve looked at the DAPnet site, but haven’t found the beginner’s level info I need. Any tips for print or video tutorials will be appreaciated by many of us on this side of the pond. De WU0V
EDIT. I found a YouTube video from Sebastian, in French. Though I don’t speak that language it showed him using a TYT rig to send a DAPnet message, which tells me my equipment should work if the service is available here.

AF6FB

Re: Thanks, and...Tutorial or YouTube vid?

Post by AF6FB » Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:18 pm

I agree with the need for some basic information.

As an example, I can't figure out how to get/add an RIC. I think this is what I would need to active a pager, right?

I have an account, so I'm trying to work through it. I have already sent a message into the support system for hampager.de.

I'm not sure I really need a pager, but this seems like a fun distraction.

Michael AF6FB