Expert link to DAPnet api DOA

Here is where you can get help with using and setting up POCSAG and related topics
WU0V

Expert link to DAPnet api DOA

Post by WU0V » Tue Aug 28, 2018 2:03 pm

I have all the required passwords and authorization keys for DAPnet, and my hotspot retransmits DAPnet messages that come to it from the web (verified by PDW). Yesterday I decided to configure the DAPnet api, but I’ve not been able to do that. When I go to the Expert page and click on “DAPnet API” I get nothing. That’s supposed to bring up an editor so I can enter my DAPnet info (it runs the command “fulledit_dapnetapi.php”). The page-loading progress bar runs but at the end there is nothing displayed except the Expert page header and footer. Between them is just a blank line. Either the OS can’t find DAPnet.php or it’s not there at all, I assume. I’m running FW 1.4.7, Pi v. 3.4.16, and dashboard v. 20180806. I’ve run the update and upgrade commands multiple times, both from the expert page and from SSH but it says the system is already up to date and on the latest version. I’ve also clicked “Apply Changes” several times in the Config page just to be sure everything there is functioning.
Can anyone here help or advise? TIA!

Lee, WU0V
59 years a ham operator, still having fun

MW0MWZ
Site Admin

Re: Expert link to DAPnet api DOA

Post by MW0MWZ » Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:31 am

Can you update your Pi-Star and then try it, it should just bring up the three lines for the API config.
Andy

73 de MW0MWZ
http://pistar.uk

WU0V

Re: Expert link to DAPnet api DOA

Post by WU0V » Thu Aug 30, 2018 4:12 pm

I’ve run update and upgrade several times, both from the Expert Page and via SSH, and have rebooted and cold-booted more than once. In every case the return is that I’m already up to date and (in the case of upgrade) already using the latest version. The three-line api file is just not there. I’m pretty sure—unless you’ve a hint to manually add that file to the system—this means a reflashing of the card. Something’s got lost in there.

One of the first pistar-updates I tried this week asked about some Pi OS file it was about to keep or replace, did I want the new version or keep the old, and I said Y for the new version. I think I should’ve said N. That’s probably where I branched off to an alternative universe.

Thanks for your reply. I’m a big fan!

Lee, WU0V
59 years a ham, still having fun