Connecting to a C-Bridge that is not in the pull down list

Help with DMR issues
WA6PYJ

Connecting to a C-Bridge that is not in the pull down list

Post by WA6PYJ » Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:08 pm

Does anyone know how to configure the pi-star to connect to a c-bridge that is not in the pull down list? I have tried several different setup configurations in the expert mode for the DMR Network 1, DMR Network 2 and DMR Network 3 with no success. The C-Bridge sees the public IP that the pi-star is connected to but there is no connection to the pi-star.

N1FTE

Re: Connecting to a C-Bridge that is not in the pull down list

Post by N1FTE » Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:39 pm

Are you trying to connect to an actual C-Bridge? If so, you won't have any luck. The IPSC protocol that Motorola (and the Rayfield C-Bridge) speaks is not compatible with the MMDVM Homebrew protocol. If said C-Bridge is connected to a Brandmeister master server (and you were also connected to Brandmeister), you may be able to access certain talk groups on the C-Bridge side if they were shared with Brandmeister. Brandmeister master servers do support IPSC unlike your hotspot.

WA6PYJ

Post by WA6PYJ » Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:24 am

Thanks. Yes, it is a true Rayfield C-Bridge that currently has 10 DMR repeaters on it. I don't do BrandMeister.

KD4EG

Post by KD4EG » Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:53 pm

I think on the server end, the server administrator will have to assigned you a repeater port number, and share the password with you. You will have to save this in the INI file location where the previous BrandMeister sever information is located. So for example 3108.repeater.net (64.94.238.196) , find that IP address in your INI file, in there you will see the 3 things you need to edit, replace IP address, port and password parameters given to you by the c-bridge server administrator. I am not clear on what the server administrator has to do on their end. SSH into the pi and edit the INI file file using the command "sudo nano /etc/mmdvmhost" Then reboot the pi.

M0GLJ

Post by M0GLJ » Tue Jun 26, 2018 3:46 pm

Send Andrew Taylor a message with the details of the server and he might add it to the ever growing list
Adrian
M0GLJ

ZUMradio ■ ZUMspot ■ DV-Mega

D-star --> IC-E92D
DMR --> DM-4600 ■ DM-4601 ■ MD-380 ■ RT-82
DAPNET --> Alphapoc 602R