I dont get how to use pistar with my radio

Help with DMR issues
2E0LIG

I dont get how to use pistar with my radio

Post by 2E0LIG »

Hi All.
I am baffled I have pistar setup and working with "BM 2341 United Kingdom", for testing the pistar and setting up BER I have made a codeplug for my radio with only

1 Channel
1 Zone
1 TG (9990 Parrot)
1 Contact Parrot

The radio is set to that one TG and one Channel but for some reason I am still hearing TG 91 comming through the radio, am I doing something wrong, I thought if my radio is only set for parrot that is all I should be reciving on my radio for now.

I am totaly baffled, does anyone know what the problem is please and how to fix it.
2E0LIG

Re: I dont get how to use pistar with my radio

Post by 2E0LIG »

KE7FNS wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 8:55 pm
2E0LIG wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 7:24 pm I am totaly baffled, does anyone know what the problem is please and how to fix it.
Its hard to provide help when you have no idea what radio you are using.

Since you are hearing 91, you've obviously previously keyed up 91 at some time in the past. You need to add another TG 4000 and key that up, it will disconnect and no longer monitor talkgroups.

As to why you are hearing talkgroups that are not associated with your channel contact info, thats something to do with your radio, so read the owners manual or search for how to program it.
Thanks it's a boafeng RD-5R running the latest OpenGD77
AF6VN

Re: I dont get how to use pistar with my radio

Post by AF6VN »

2E0LIG wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 9:29 pm Thanks it's a boafeng RD-5R running the latest OpenGD77
You might get a better response from the OpenGD77 forum... Based upon https://www.opengd77.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=71 that firmware has some significant operating differences from most radio firmware.
For both all radios, the way the OpenGD77 firmware handles Channels and RxGroups is different from the official firmware.

The OpenGD77 firmware uses the Rx Group list as a "Talkgroup list" for both the Rx and also the TX, so it is not necessary to duplicate the same frequency for every TG that you use on that frequency.
Just put all the TGs for the frequency (e.g, for a repeater) into a Rx Group list e.g. "DMR+ AU" and assign that Rx Group list to the repeaters that use that group of TGs
You can then cycle through that list, on the channel screen, by pressing the Left or Right arrows
The Community CPS also allows a TimeSlot to be assigned to a Digital Contact / TG, as an override to the TS (Repeater slot) for the Channel, so there is no need to create separate channels for TS1 and TS2.
Additionally, the TG number can be manually entered via the keypad (by pressing # TG_NUMBER then Green button)

--
AF6VN
Dennis L Bieber