TGIF Lands in Pi-Star

Help with DMR issues
W0RMT

Re: TGIF Lands in Pi-Star

Post by W0RMT »

MW0MWZ wrote: Sun Dec 23, 2018 11:24 am
ct1dvm wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:48 am I note your comment "So when I can see that users are modifying Pi-Star themselves to support additional networks, there comes a point where it makes more sense for us to do it correctly, than it does for the users to make their modifications, or worse still for there to be 3rd party images floating about, something I am really not a fan of... " 3rd party Images containing the missing reflectors will be a likely outcome in the future. Trying to get anything added to github, is like getting blood out of a stone, and many have given up trying.
I'm happy to help, nobody has really asked me.
Andy-

not to hijack this thread, but since you've offered to help, I have 2 simple pull requests into Jonathan that have not been acknowledged or merged. I added a TG to the NXDN hostfiles and another to the P25 hostfiles. Both are for Colorado HD (BM 31088, bridged to D-STAR, YSF, NXDN, P25). They are simple clean pulls, and I've tweeted Jonathan twice graciously asking if he could merge them. But no response. Do you have any suggestions?

In the meantime I'm helping folks manually add these TGs to their local hostfiles in pi-star, but wouldn't it be great if they were in the updated hostfiles?
Robert (Bud) M. Talbot III
W0RMT
Colorado Digital system admin
http://coloradodigital.net
DMR: BM 31088
DSTAR: XRF/DCS303D
YSF: 99256
NXDN: 31088
P25: 31088
MW0MWZ
Site Admin

Post by MW0MWZ »

Its Christmas, nudge me again once we're all over the turkey/pudding over-eating season and we'll see where its at.
Andy

73 de MW0MWZ
http://pistar.uk
W0RMT

Post by W0RMT »

MW0MWZ wrote: Mon Dec 24, 2018 4:17 pm Its Christmas, nudge me again once we're all over the turkey/pudding over-eating season and we'll see where its at.
Thanks, brother. Merry Christmas to you and yours, and thanks for all of your hard work and support of our hobby!

73 de Bud
Robert (Bud) M. Talbot III
W0RMT
Colorado Digital system admin
http://coloradodigital.net
DMR: BM 31088
DSTAR: XRF/DCS303D
YSF: 99256
NXDN: 31088
P25: 31088
MW0MWZ
Site Admin

Post by MW0MWZ »

Welcome as always Bud.
Andy

73 de MW0MWZ
http://pistar.uk
w8vpc

Post by w8vpc »

Andy,
I followed your instructions to allow the use TGIF and Brandmeister on my PI-Star repeater.
I noticed the thread was from 2018.
I have a problem. We use TGIF talk group 2416 so i configured the radio to use slot 1 for TGIF.
All of a sudden i'm getting calls from Sweden which is TG 2416 on Brandmeister.
So i checked the settings and discovered DMR3 was disabled.
How do i make sure the settings don't change?
would using the same talk group on both networks be a problem?
thanks
mike w8vpc
n8cn

Post by n8cn »

hi mike

it should not change from Enabled=1 in the config file... UNLESS you change select "other things" in the webUI panel which have an interaction with the [DMR Network 3] section. SUCH AS manipulating the DMR2YSF: slider switch, etc.

IN my case I added this code, then realized that I had (previously) been using DMR2YSF to get my hotspot to relay through a local Wires-X repeater (which worked).

I have since disabled that feature, intending to get on TGIF on slot 1 using this code snippet, which loses the DMR2YSF function.

Once I added the code, I realized the slider switch was still "on".
I slid it to "off" and then applied settings.
I checked the code again and it had changed from Enabled=1 to Enabled=0 but the rest of the code was there.
I edited the code back to 1 and restarted, and it has persisted there.

I've made some other changes (DMR+ and BM related) and they haven't (yet) interfered with any other options in the [DMR Network 3] section.
But remember since you've added this section outside of the WebUI, the WebUI will still expect it to be "commandable" via its own methods/actions, so we need to "keep in mind" to check the code sections like this that have been changed outside of the UI when making other changes and/or applying updates and patches.

ttfn,
Joe N8CN