DMR2YSF dead in the water

Help with DMR issues
KE2SJ

DMR2YSF dead in the water

Post by KE2SJ »

Apologies for posting a similar post elsewhere but now realize this is where the experts are.
I'm still dead in the water on my beloved DMR2YSF. I've done the update/apply and both on DMR Gateway (prefixed by 7s or 7s and 100s) or off the gateway (minus the sevens), and after all of the RC4 updates, I'm still not able to make any QSOs and haven't for a month or two, not even on Parrot or Echo reflectors. This morning dashboard shows me linked to FCS00199, a reflector I never tried to link to. And when turn on my radio, I see it tune briefly to 7000009, which I'm assuming is a YSF room??. I have heard from some local hams that the've lost DMR2YSF, too. . I've had my DMR2YSF config from /etc/DMR Gateway looked at by an expert and it passed muster (nothing but default).

I want my DMR2YSF back and will be grateful to anyone who can offer some help. Thanks!
Gabe
N4NQY

Re: DMR2YSF dead in the water

Post by N4NQY »

I too cannot use DMR2YSF. I use a Hotspot configured only for DMR2YSF (BM turned off) I use DMRGateway. and the YSF Start Room set to FCS00246.

The DMR radio is programmed to TG 7100246. Dashboard shows linked to FCS00246. All I see is traffic coming from 70000009. It also seems to show the Hotspot is active 100% of the time. When 70000009 is not showing TG "1" is showing up as TX. My radio thinks the Hotspot is always in use and gives me a "Call Failed" . I am using a CS-800D and I have triple checked the config on the radio and Hotspot. I even went so far as to reconfig another of my hotspots to do DMR2YSF with the exact same results. The Hotspot is is one of Florian's MMDVM_HS Hats with the latest firmware (1.4.16)

Is there redirects wrong??
N4NQY

Post by N4NQY »

Forgot to add that I am running Pi-Star V4 RC3 and manually ran update to insure it was up to date.

jb N4NQY
KE2SJ

Post by KE2SJ »

I'm in the same boat with mt MD-380. Rewrites have been verified. And I get that odd 700009 behavior. its affecting all three of my hotspots, one running 3...17 and two running 4RC3. All three have high quality MMDVM boards. Live logs shows my transmission, but it's not getting out to the network and I hear no traffic at all.

It used to work so well and nobody seems to be able to help going on 2 months. I've spoken with others who have the exact same problem. There are times when my DMR won't work properly if DMR2YSF is enabled; I can only hear traffic through 700009. I'm not sure what the origin of the traffic is because I can't transmit. If I turn of DMR2YSF, DMR works again after a reboot. Its frustrating as he because its such a great feature that I'm sure took loads of work to develop. I hate losing it.

I haven't experienced the call failed or 100% activity level or reversion to TG 1. Sometimes my radio will say "local" when j try to transmit
N4NQY

Post by N4NQY »

People are reporting that 3.4.16 worked and it broke when upgrading to 3.4.17. If this is true, then there is a pretty good clue as to where the break is. I don't know but possibly one of the developers of either MMDVM or Pi-Star can weigh in on where the change was made that affected DMR2YSF and it can be repaired.

I don't have a copy of 3.4.16 to try but would not the next nightly update break it again??

Hopefully someone is working on this and a Moderator can weigh in and tell us if we are nuts or the problem is known bug and being worked on.

jb N4NQY
N4NQY

Post by N4NQY »

After much fiddling my DMR2YSG is working on 4.0 RC3. I am not sure what changed since yesterday but I will call it "operator error" since I changed so many things in trying to get it working and I have no clue what actually fixed the problem.

Hopefully it was an update and others are now fixed.

73 jb N4NQY
KE0FHS

Post by KE0FHS »

N4NQY wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2019 12:06 pm I don't have a copy of 3.4.16 to try but would not the next nightly update break it again??
Just FYI, the night updates can impact the dashboard version (for example, the current dashboard version is 20190205), but not the Pi-Star version (for example, 3.4.16). You have to run an upgrade to affect the Pi-Star version.
73, Toshen, KE0FHS
Playing with Pi-Star (unofficial notes about setting up and using Pi-Star):
https://amateurradionotes.com/pi-star.htm
KE2SJ

Post by KE2SJ »

Congrats, N4NQY. Sometimes things just happen that way. I'm hoping your fix rbs off on me!
VE3NY

Post by VE3NY »

I'm experiencing the same problem over a number of weeks now But can't tie it into a specific release. I am using Rel 4.0.0.RC3.

Interestingly, when I enter 7100290, I access FCS001 90. In fact, when I enter 7100190, 7100390 … I get the same result. I also note that I am able to navigate FCS001 nicely but can't move to FCS002. Am I missing something?

TIA … Tom VE3NY
KE2SJ

Post by KE2SJ »

I'm going on two months with this problem. We know it works with v4, but even after all of Andy's updates last month I'm still stuck. I really can't afford to buy a Fusion radio but will have to if I can't get this to work. Like others, xxx.16 was the last version where DMR2YSF worked for me (worked great) . Everything else about v4RC3 works fine. I think I've spoken to at least 8 or 9 folks other than in this post who are having similar troubles.