DMR Extended ID Changes

Help with DMR issues
MW0MWZ
Site Admin

DMR Extended ID Changes

Post by MW0MWZ »

Announcement: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=1787

Please use this thread for discussions on the change to the way the Config page handles DMR Extended IDs
Andy

73 de MW0MWZ
http://pistar.uk
KE0FHS

Re: DMR Extended ID Changes

Post by KE0FHS »

Playing around to see some of today's changes, I noticed a couple things:
  1. I had DMR mode enabled with BM_United_States_3103 selected as my DMR Master. I had BrandMiester Security enabled with my password entered. I switched on DMR2YSF and applied changes. Then I switched my DMR Master to DMR2YSF, and applied changed. Then I switched back to BM_United States_3103, and my BrandMiester Security password was no longer entered. Is this working as intended? I was under the impression that the password would persist.
  2. The first time I enabled YSF and the three YSF cross modes, I saw my CCS7 ID plus the new drop-down list for selecting the ID extension. I even have a screen capture of this. At that point, I noticed that my hotspot security password was missing (caused by above, as I later tracked down), so I re-entered it and applied changes. At that point, my CCS7 ID was no longer being displayed, though the ID extension drop-down is still available.
Last edited by KE0FHS on Sun May 19, 2019 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
73, Toshen, KE0FHS
Playing with Pi-Star (unofficial notes about setting up and using Pi-Star):
https://amateurradionotes.com/pi-star.htm
G1VQV

Post by G1VQV »

Hi. I have two RPi/HS Hat hotspots runnig Pi-Star 4.0.0.RC4 and just updated both of them today. I have noticed the ESSID extra settings on the config pages. Previously I was running each hotspot with 01 & 02 tagged onto my DRM ID... after today's update I have selected 01 & 02 from the drop-down listbox... seems logical. The change appears to have broken the API key relationship as I can no longer set static TGs from the Brandmeister Manager. It goes through the motions but does not set the TG. Similar failure when trying to link a reflector but get a message .. 'You do not have sufficient permissions to perform this action on xxxxxxx!' (my ID).

I have tried revoking the respective API keys and creating new ones, then setting them in each of the installations but no change.

Hope I am wrong, but have the new ESSID changes broken the API relationship or am I missing something?

Steve.
G1VQV

Post by G1VQV »

Further to my last... I have managed to get the API Brandmeister Manager working again...by first disabling DMRGateway (pointing Pi-Star directly to a DMR Master with an ESSID of '01' and the API started working instantly). Re-enabling DMRGateway afterwards and it now appears to be working. Only notice that any attempt to set '1' for the DMR+ ESSID fails to 'stick as it reverts back to 'None' after applying changes.

Steve.
MW0MWZ
Site Admin

Post by MW0MWZ »

G1VQV wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 10:05 pm Further to my last... I have managed to get the API Brandmeister Manager working again...by first disabling DMRGateway (pointing Pi-Star directly to a DMR Master with an ESSID of '01' and the API started working instantly). Re-enabling DMRGateway afterwards and it now appears to be working. Only notice that any attempt to set '1' for the DMR+ ESSID fails to 'stick as it reverts back to 'None' after applying changes.

Steve.
Thanks for the report Steve, I'll figure that out and make it work again....
Andy

73 de MW0MWZ
MW0MWZ
Site Admin

Post by MW0MWZ »

MW0MWZ wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 10:16 pm
G1VQV wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 10:05 pm Further to my last... I have managed to get the API Brandmeister Manager working again...by first disabling DMRGateway (pointing Pi-Star directly to a DMR Master with an ESSID of '01' and the API started working instantly). Re-enabling DMRGateway afterwards and it now appears to be working. Only notice that any attempt to set '1' for the DMR+ ESSID fails to 'stick as it reverts back to 'None' after applying changes.

Steve.
Thanks for the report Steve, I'll figure that out and make it work again....
Now patched up.
Andy

73 de MW0MWZ
K4WZV

Post by K4WZV »

Andy, The TGIF Network does support 9 Digit CCS7 ID's. Thanks for all you do.
All your work is greatly appreciated by the TGIF Network.
Robert
K4WZV
TGIF Admin
MW0MWZ
Site Admin

Post by MW0MWZ »

K4WZV wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 1:04 am Andy, The TGIF Network does support 9 Digit CCS7 ID's. Thanks for all you do.
All your work is greatly appreciated by the TGIF Network.
Robert
K4WZV
TGIF Admin
I was sure it did - thanks for confirming.
Andy

73 de MW0MWZ
G1VQV

Post by G1VQV »

Thanks Andy, for all your hard work.
Steve.
GW6YMS

Post by GW6YMS »

Andy
You state that DMR+ accepts 7 digits on all and 8 digits on some - the drop down boxes on the "Configuration" section do not seem to allow for "1" digit -
IE: 01 02 >>>>>>>>>>

Pedr GW6YMS