DMO Mode

Help with DMR issues
K2IE

DMO Mode

Post by K2IE »

I'm running RC4 and using DMR Gateway. Just for kicks, I thought I'd try to connect to my XLX reflector using DMR DMO mode. I have verified that the reflector is listening on port 8880 and that it is open in the firewall.

My first attempt failed and I noticed that packets were not hitting the server. It seems that Pi-Star does not allow 8880 outbound by default. So I enabled that but I'm still getting nowhere. Pi-Star is not succesfully logging into the XLX.

Has anyone else tried this and gotten it to function? If so, please fill me in on whatever it is that I am missing.

Thanks and 73
MW0MWZ
Site Admin

Re: DMO Mode

Post by MW0MWZ »

Yes, well most accurately, yes and no.

XLX is not exactly normal DMR, it does not listen to the Options Line, so you need to think about how it works.
The connectivity is UDP, so yes you need to make a /root/ipv4.fw file, add your iptables rule (because yes 8880 is not a standard port for Pi-Star).
The login should work OK, XLXs are most usually listening on 62030, thats the port that accepts DMR connections anyway (and that *IS* open from Pi-Star by default).

The next issue is module selection, a single PTT to the module number (4001-4026) will link your chosen module (A - Z), and then traffic to the module should be sent on TG 9, and traffic will come back from the module on TG 9 also.

XLX's ONLY expect traffic on TS2, *ALWAYS* no exceptions.
TG 5000 should tell you where you are, TG 4000 should unlink.

I think that should get you going... :)
Andy

73 de MW0MWZ
http://pistar.uk
EA3BIL

Re: DMO Mode

Post by EA3BIL »

Hi Andy,

You mentioned:
TG 5000 should tell you where you are, TG 4000 should unlink.
I get NO ANSWER AT ALL from BM network when keying TG5000, TG4000, PC5000 nor PC4000 on TS1.
Never mind if a reflector is or not linked.
It seems BM to be "aphonic".

Any ideas? :?:

NOTE:
DMR+ does answer properly to the commands (PC85000 & PC84000) on TS2 telling and disconnecting reflector.

Thanks for helping !!!

Regards,
Rafa.
73'Rafael.
EA3BIL
JN11an