DMR ID Registration Problem

Help with DMR issues
bh6jfr

DMR ID Registration Problem

Post by bh6jfr »

I have China Radio License and Operating Certificate. Why is the registration ID rejected?
Why does registration have to print DMR radio on the license?
DMR is a mode, not a frequency band, which is unreasonable.

What to do now to have DMR ID

Thank you

I am a radio enthusiast in China

BH6JFR
EMAIL:[email protected]
AF6VN

Re: DMR ID Registration Problem

Post by AF6VN »

bh6jfr wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 6:30 am I have China Radio License and Operating Certificate. Why is the registration ID rejected?
Rejected by whom? What website did you use to register for DMR ID?
Why does registration have to print DMR radio on the license?
Since I don't know what your license looks like I don't know what this is referring to..
What to do now to have DMR ID
DMR radios do not use one's call-sign (what shows up on one's government issued license).

You have to register for a DMR ID number using one of the defined registration authorities, and that 7-digit number gets entered into your radio. It may take some time for the registration to propagate to the DMR servers and hence be recognized as a valid user.

https://www.ailunce.com/blog/how-can-i-get-a-dmr-id

--
AF6VN
Dennis L Bieber
bh6jfr

Post by bh6jfr »

Thank you for replying to me.

My call sign is BH6JFR,I am from Asia, China.
Below is my radio license

I apply at the following website
www.radioid.net

I received the rejected email address as follows
[email protected]

For personal privacy, there is a mosaic in the forum picture. Thank you
AF6VN

Post by AF6VN »

Pasting an email address isn't useful...

The only thing that pops out at me is that the second document appears to list specific radios/serial numbers (not sure of the HS-1A -- the only thing I find in Google is a aeronautic headset). If, as it appears, one needs to have the radio listed on that part of the license, radioid.net may reject your application as you are "not licensed for a radio running DMR".

--
AF6VN
Dennis L Bieber
bh6jfr

Post by bh6jfr »

Yes, he asked me to provide DMR. I was rejected for that reason.
DMR and FT8 C4FM SSTV SSB CW FM are a mode, not a radio station.
Is this regulation somewhat unreasonable?
Many amateur radio enthusiasts in China have been rejected by this regulation.
Although the problem has not been solved, thank you very much.

Here is the rejection email I received
AF6VN

Post by AF6VN »

While DMR is a mode, your Chinese license appears to specify exactly which radio(s) you are authorized to operate.

The rejection is that your license does not show that you are authorized to operate any specific DMR radio. The radios on your license do not have DMR modes (if one of them does have DMR, explain that to RadioID -- maybe providing a copy of the manual listing the mode) (My searches for mini-8900 find a QYT KT-8900 which is just an FM VHF/UHF radio, the FT-991 has System Fusion/C4FM but does not do DMR, neither the FT-817 or IC-7200 do digital voice)

The people at RadioID don't issue IDs unless they can verify that the applicant is authorized to use DMR, and in China, since part of the license lists the authorized radios, if one does not have a DMR-capable radio on the license, one is not authorized for DMR.

So... As I interpret things, you will have to obtain a DMR-capable radio AND have your license updated to show that you are authorized to use that radio, and THEN request a DMR ID.

If you were using a hotspot running Pi-Star, it could be that you intend to use the YSF to DMR cross-over feature -- though will the FT-991 go low enough in power to avoid over-driving a hotspot. I also suspect hotspots need to be listed on the license too (having the FT-991 and a hotspot /might/ be enough for RadioID to issue a DMR number -- but you'd have to explain to them that this is the operational configuration)

--
AF6VN
Dennis L Bieber
bh6jfr

Post by bh6jfr »

Thank you for your help

It is a very difficult thing for Chinese fans to apply for dmr id.

I sincerely hope that they can take into account the actual situation in China and formulate a reasonable review method.

I came up with a very funny question.
Since China requires licenses to have DMR legal equipment.
So what about other countries?
Is it necessary to check whether amateur radio stations are certified and legal equipment when applying for DMR id?

For example, which devices have passed FCC certification?
G8SEZ

Post by G8SEZ »

bh6jfr wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:04 am Thank you for your help

It is a very difficult thing for Chinese fans to apply for dmr id.

I sincerely hope that they can take into account the actual situation in China and formulate a reasonable review method.

I came up with a very funny question.
Since China requires licenses to have DMR legal equipment.
So what about other countries?
Is it necessary to check whether amateur radio stations are certified and legal equipment when applying for DMR id?

For example, which devices have passed FCC certification?
Some countries require type-approved equipment for their lowest licence classes, in the UK a Foundation Licensee is treated this way.
In general, amateurs are permitted to construct and use non-type-approved equipment because they are supposed to know enough to avoid interfering with other radio services.

I was not aware of the need to list equipment on your licence in China, it does seem to make for difficulty in operating. The UK licence schedule states frequency and power limits, but generally does not specify operating modes. We are not legally subject to band plans, whereas in the US licensees must abide by these.

What does the national society say? I would expect them to have advice for this type of situation.

HTH
--

Brian G8SEZ
AF6VN

Post by AF6VN »

G8SEZ wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:26 pm I was not aware of the need to list equipment on your licence in China, it does seem to make for difficulty in operating. The UK licence schedule states frequency and power limits, but generally does not specify operating modes. We are not legally subject to band plans, whereas in the US licensees must abide by these.
US band plans for 6m and up are, for the most part, operating convention, not defined in law -- though not following them is highly frowned upon. At HF, lower license classes get limited segments within the bands (meant to be part of the encouragement to move to a higher license class -- gaining addition band width free of the bourgeois).

--
AF6VN
Dennis L Bieber
bh6jfr

Post by bh6jfr »

in China
No restrictions on the operating mode, there are three levels

Class A transmitting frequency: 30MHz-3000MHz amateur band, maximum: 25 watts

Class B transmitting frequency is: all amateur Band. The power requirement is less than 100 watts in the amateur frequency band below 30 MHz, and the amateur frequency band above 30 MHz is not more than 25 watts.

Class C The transmitting frequency is: all amateur Band. The power requirement is less than 1000 watts in the amateur frequency band below 30 MHz, and the amateur frequency band above 30 MHz is not more than 25 watts.

The first exam can only choose A grade, the exam B grade needs to have A grade 180 days, and the B category set shortwave radio station for 2 years before you can take the C exam.
A to C, it takes about three years or more