DMR2YSF Call Sign Wrong

Help with DMR issues
AK2L

DMR2YSF Call Sign Wrong

Post by AK2L »

I am seeing an anomaly with callsigns when using DMR2YSF.

K7VTT and W7TRA were using Yaesu radios with a local YSF reflector. I (AK2L) participated in the conversation using my DMR HT with my Pi-Star (3.4.17) hotspot configured for DMR2YSF. All seemed to be working correctly -- the callsigns appeared correctly on the Pi-Star dashboard and on the reflector dashboard.

W5ZIT joined the conversation using a Yaesu radio. W5ZIT's call sign included a suffix with his name: "W5ZIT-JIM-"

"W5ZIT-JIM-" appeared on the reflector dashboard correctly. However, on Pi-Star, his callsign appeared as "AK2L". And, on my DMR radio his callsign also appeared as "AK2L", not W5ZIT.

I am guessing that Pi-Star is failing to match "W5ZIT-JIM-" to a DMR Id so the failback behavior is to show my callsign.

When I asked Jim (W5ZIT) why he chose that particular syntax for his callsign, he explained that Pi-Star cannot do QRZ lookups if slashes (/) are used but his hotspot seemed to tolerate dashes (-).

Are there any settings or work-arounds that would address this?

Thanks!

David, AK2L
MW0MWZ
Site Admin

Re: DMR2YSF Call Sign Wrong

Post by MW0MWZ »

AK2L wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:13 pm I am guessing that Pi-Star is failing to match "W5ZIT-JIM-" to a DMR Id so the failback behavior is to show my callsign.
Yep that is exactly what happens...
Andy

73 de MW0MWZ
http://pistar.uk