BM -Static TG issue

Help with DMR issues
kc3lyz

Re: BM -Static TG issue

Post by kc3lyz »

I'm having a similar issue on 2 hotspots (one YSF2DMR jumbo spot and one DVMega Cast running straight DMR). I have
3142, 31360, 31341, 31368, 31679, 31424, 31425. It was ok for months up until fairly recently, but for the last couple of weeks I'm only hearing one at a time (usually the last one I keyed up on), where I used to be able to monitor several at once. Did something change with the BM static setup? I didn't usually need the receive groups since the Anytone 878 radio has a digital monitor mode.
AF6VN

Post by AF6VN »

Have you confirmed that they are still listed as static on BM? I have a few times found that my BM configuration has "reset" to no TGs

--
AF6VN
Dennis L Bieber
kc3lyz

Post by kc3lyz »

yes, even tried deleting and re-adding them, but no luck.
KV4PS

Post by KV4PS »

Hi, ever figure out what was stopping the talk groups from coming through?

I have a Zumspot and a Pi Zero W, running Pi-Star 4.1.0

I have 4 static talk groups added through my BM account and all of them show up in the Pi-Star Web GUI under Static TGs. It seems like it gets stuck on one TG and stays there. After I key up on 4000 and clear it, after some time one of my statics may receive something and it gets linked and shows in the bottom left and stays there for days. The Dyn TG box is empty the whole time

However, the one time when I switched from BM_US_3103 to 3101 , I had to re-enter my static talk groups and for about 5 min I had transmissions from different TGs coming through. Then it got to TG91 and and stopped changing back and forth and just stayed on TG91.

Is there a way I can look at the RAW traffic at the console of the PI to determine if maybe BrandMeister just isn't sending different Talk Groups?

Is my understanding correct that if I have TG91, TG3100, TG3145 set in BM website, and they all show up in the Static TGs section of the Pi-Star GUI, as transmissions occur on those TGs, should they not show up in the Gateway Activity table?