Unable to log into Brandmeister Talkgroups

Help with DMR issues
n8gy

Unable to log into Brandmeister Talkgroups

Post by n8gy »

About 3 weeks ago I found I could not log into Brandmeister TG's on my repeater. I tried all 5 of my hot spots and had the same issue. All my hotspots are running Pi-star. The hot spots range from N5BOC LSE, zum spot, China jumbo spot to zum radio repeater board. All are on raspberry pi's. I have burned new images and that did not help. I also tried using my telephone as a hot spot. That did not work, same problem. I can still use the other modes on my repeater and hot spots. On DMR, I can access some of the state TGs such as Washington 1.

I sent email to the admins for the US Brandmeister 3102 and never got a response. I did send the email to both email addresses that were listed.

Anyone Ideas would be appreciated.

Tom, n8gy
KE0FHS

Re: Unable to log into Brandmeister Talkgroups

Post by KE0FHS »

Note that I test a dozen different hotspots, and they all use the same ESSID (none). I've never had any issue with that. The IMPORTANT caveat is that I only ever run one at a time. I think the necessity of having unique ESSIDs applies only when you simultaneously run multiple hotspots on the BrandMeister network (and perhaps on some of the other DMR networks as well?).
73, Toshen, KE0FHS
Playing with Pi-Star (unofficial notes about setting up and using Pi-Star):
https://amateurradionotes.com/pi-star.htm
n8gy

Post by n8gy »

Thanks for all the help. I was using ESSID on the hotspots.
Once I added the security they all started working.

Tom, n8gy
KE0FHS

Post by KE0FHS »

n8gy wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:48 am Thanks for all the help. I was using ESSID on the hotspots.
Once I added the security they all started working.

Tom, n8gy
That security password change has messed up a lot of people, but it's for a good reason that they made it mandatory, as a lot of people were experiencing their callsigns being used by unauthorized people on the network (happened to me at least once). It's nice that this got cleaned up, in addition to the elimination of looping that KE7FNS mentioned.
73, Toshen, KE0FHS
Playing with Pi-Star (unofficial notes about setting up and using Pi-Star):
https://amateurradionotes.com/pi-star.htm