DMR Stopped Transmitting

Help with DMR issues
zl1cts

DMR Stopped Transmitting

Post by zl1cts »

Hi All

I dont use DMR that much, and only use an MD380 to my hot spot..
Something changed with I can only guess an update on pi-star, My hotspot shows my radio as being received and if I key up to say TG9990 it shows on the dash, then pi-star goes back to listening and noting else happens, its stopped showing my activity on th BM network as of about 22 days ago..
it looks like the hotspot just receives the transmission and ignores it.
hotspot works fine on d-star and YSF..
anyone throw some ideas
its a dualband DVmega on an arduino connected to the RPI, slightly old school, but has been rock-solid for a good few years until now..

thanks

Cliff
ZL1CTS
KD8DVR

Re: DMR Stopped Transmitting

Post by KD8DVR »

Enable hotspot security. Put a password where asked for on pi-star. Then, go to your Brandmeister self care page and put the new password where it goes. Hotspot security is mandatory now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

AntiSquid Disclaimer: All messages posted are personal opinion only and may not constitute fact.
zl1cts

Post by zl1cts »

Well I can't see on the self help where you'd put a password..

But it appears my dmr I'd is no longer working, it shows with a red power button?

So changes to a different ID in hotspot and radio and now working, can't see why the original one is not working...

But appears to have nothing to do with security..?

Be nice to know where in BM self care a hotspot password is entered, and nice to know why I get the red power button and not the green plug symbol...

All a bit odd

Thanks

Cliff
zl1cts

Post by zl1cts »

Ok found issue.. it was security, it was turned on in BM self care, but I didn't do it and my other IDs were off so that's why they worked.. turned on for all IDs and setup in hotspot

Thanks for the info

Cliff
G0LGB

Post by G0LGB »

Thanks for posting this, I'm new to hotspots and had the same issue since yesterday....couldn't figure it out...until now.
Changed the password and voila all working again
I don't understand why i had to change it though? but its working again thats the main thing