DMR2YSF CANT TRANSMIT

Help with DMR issues
N2MRH

DMR2YSF CANT TRANSMIT

Post by N2MRH »

I just setup DMR to YSF on my pistar dash. I believe every thing is setup correctly. I am link to FCS00290 (AMERICALINKWIRESX). I am receiving everything perfectly. However whenever I transmit it seems no one hears me. MY dashboard shows me transmitting but still no one hears me. Am I missing something? Any input would be greatly appreciated.
M1DNS
Pi-Star Team

Re: DMR2YSF CANT TRANSMIT

Post by M1DNS »

What TG are you using in the DMR radio?

Have a look here on the pistar website, look at the listed far right columns...

http://www.pistar.uk/fcs_reflectors.php

Andrew M1DNS, (Mod)

Andrew M1DNS.
Pi-star Admin Team.
N2MRH

Post by N2MRH »

I tried using TG 7100290 and TG 9 Same results. No one hears me although I know am transmitting.
AD8DP

Post by AD8DP »

N2MRH

Post by N2MRH »

I saw that.
I followed his guide and every thing entered properly but still does not work. Thanks for the help.
W1KMC

Post by W1KMC »

OP, you don't give many details. It's akin to going to a mechanic and saying I turn my key in my car and it don't run. As with a car, we need more.

Version of Pi-Star (Me, I run 4-RC5)

Are you trying to use straight DMR2YSF or the DMR Gateway - the talkgroups are different ARCX (FCS290 can be either Group Call to 100290 OR Group Call 7100290, depending on your DMR Master setting.

What radio are you trying to use, the code plug may need to be adjusted. or trun of promiscuous mode (Digital Monitor, whatever your radio may call it and see if you can still hear.

The problem with these monitor things on is being the hotspot frequency is all the same a monitor will pick up any transmission the hotspot sends out wether you have the TG correct in your radio or not, whereas if you turn monitor off, and no longer hear anything would point to a codeplug error.

Also if you say you transmit (dashboard says so, what does your BER show when you unkey? To High of a BER and you won't be heard

Add a group call 100299 or 7100299 (these depend on DMR master again) - they are YSF parrots and see if you can hear yourself.

I can try to help google my call to find a contact CLUB (hint) number -- I'm a bit tied up today but try what I suggest and if you still can't get it, get in touch with me (if you have teamviewer it would make things easier) and I will do what I can.
I am no developer, guru, expert, nor do I claim to be or want to be. All advice I give is purely from experience and my efforts to help others.

W1KMC - Kevin M Carman
Bangor, ME
Jumbospot on a Pi0W
DMR 3123142 & 3123143
HHUS Trunk Ext 4329
N2MRH

Post by N2MRH »

Okay here's the deal:
I am running version 4.1.0-RC3
Tried DMR2YSF and DRM Gateway
Talk Group 7100390 AmericaLinkWiresX (Picked this from my PiStar Dashboard under Yaesu System Fusion Configuration)
My Radio is a BTech 6X2 (Anytone 868)
Digi Mon Off (Had it on and heard every thing)
Ber: 0.2 -0.4
Added Talk Group 7100299 ( Parrot )

Update:
I played around with it this morning and it actually works to my surprise.
I have it setup using DMR Gateway.
The default deflector I picked is FCS00390 AmericaLinkWiresX TG 7100390.
I also added the Parrot Talk Group TG 7100299 and that works.

Now that it is working I got more questions then answers.

MY main question is, can I add any talk group listed in the YSF or FCS reflector list or am I limited to using what my Pi-Star dashboard offers?

Thanks for the help I really appreciate it.
W1KMC

Post by W1KMC »

Glad you got this working. I believe the PiStar list has all FCS and YSF rooms, what it does not have is the 'true' wires X as that is the proprietary part but the lsit on the Pi-Star websit has many to choose from.

If using DMRGateway then FCS rooms start off with 7100+3 digit number (7 total digits) and YSF rooms start off as 70+5 digit room number (again 7 digits)

I have an 868 (not 6X2) but have not tried it in that radio -- I also have 2 CS800D (Home base and Mobile) and have used AmericaRagChew on their nets a few times. My car just got back from the doctors from recall surgery (know problem and now fixed) so I will try this on the road soon.

Any more questions, just ask. Many of us love to try too help.

I am no developer, guru, expert, nor do I claim to be or want to be. All advice I give is purely from experience and my efforts to help others.

W1KMC - Kevin M Carman
Bangor, ME
Jumbospot on a Pi0W
DMR 3123142 & 3123143
HHUS Trunk Ext 4329
N2MRH

Post by N2MRH »

Thanks for the help. I was using today and it worked fine. However I was loosing my DMR capabilities while the gateway was on. I have to turn off DMR2YSF to get the DMR side working again. Great little feature but will be much easier with a Yaesu Fusion Radio like the FTM-100D or the FTM-400XD.
Anyway it was a great learning curve if nothing else.
Thanks again
73 de N2MRH