Brandmeister - static and dynamic duplicate

Help with DMR issues
KC3MLA

Brandmeister - static and dynamic duplicate

Post by KC3MLA »

I have TG #1234 defined as static. Listen to #1234 just fine for extended period.

As soon as I make my first transmission, #1234 shows as a dynamic group.

After 15 minutes with no more transmissions, #1234 no longer shows as dynamic

Any idea why BM does this? There's no need to add it as dynamic when it's already there as static.
Mark
KE0FHS

Re: Brandmeister - static and dynamic duplicate

Post by KE0FHS »

I think what is actually happening is that the talkgroup becomes auto-static when you key up, and that probably displays as dynamic wherever it is that you're seeing that. Auto-static is the hotspot equivalent of dynamic on a repeater.

It has been a few months, but the last time I looked at the "My hotspot" settings in BrandMeister Self Care, when a talkgroup was listed as static and I keyed it up, a duplicate entry would show up in the list of Static Talkgroups. But if I pointed my cursor at the two listings, the second would display a tooltip indicating it was an auto-static talkgroup. I think it's a good thing that the static talkgroup listing isn't removed in this case, because I think it's valuable to always be able to know that a talkgroup actually is static. As far as the second listing, I think that's just because it is being displayed just as any other talkgroup would be when you key it up and make it auto-static. I suppose the code could check whether it's already static before listing it as auto-static, but that doesn't seem very important to me. Here's what I observed the last time I took a careful look at this: https://amateurradionotes.com/dmr-notes ... tostatictg
73, Toshen, KE0FHS
Playing with Pi-Star (unofficial notes about setting up and using Pi-Star):
https://amateurradionotes.com/pi-star.htm
KC3MLA

Post by KC3MLA »

I'm looking at things in the BM API section of the pi-star dashboard.
Mark
KC3MLA

Post by KC3MLA »

Duplex hotspot
Mark
EA3BIL

Post by EA3BIL »

KE0FHS wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 7:56 pm I think what is actually happening is that the talkgroup becomes auto-static when you key up, and that probably displays as dynamic wherever it is that you're seeing that. Auto-static is the hotspot equivalent of dynamic on a repeater.

It has been a few months, but the last time I looked at the "My hotspot" settings in BrandMeister Self Care, when a talkgroup was listed as static and I keyed it up, a duplicate entry would show up in the list of Static Talkgroups. But if I pointed my cursor at the two listings, the second would display a tooltip indicating it was an auto-static talkgroup. I think it's a good thing that the static talkgroup listing isn't removed in this case, because I think it's valuable to always be able to know that a talkgroup actually is static. As far as the second listing, I think that's just because it is being displayed just as any other talkgroup would be when you key it up and make it auto-static. I suppose the code could check whether it's already static before listing it as auto-static, but that doesn't seem very important to me. Here's what I observed the last time I took a careful look at this: https://amateurradionotes.com/dmr-notes ... tostatictg

Auto-Statics (aka ON DEMAND) do usually work as they should.

Calling these "duplicates" Auto-Static.... Maybe I'm wrong, but does not look proper naming to me. Let's call them "DUPES".

Anyway,
I've seen that extrange behaviour has always shown, regardless version 3.4.17, 4.1.0 RC4, RC6...:
DUPES.png
DUPES.png (6.93 KiB) Viewed 3196 times
73'Rafael.
EA3BIL
JN11an
KE0FHS

Post by KE0FHS »

EA3BIL wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 9:21 am Anyway,
I've seen that extrange behaviour has always shown, regardless version 3.4.17, 4.1.0 RC4, RC6...:
Yes, that's because BrandMeister is doing this; the Pi-Star dashboard is simply reporting what BrandMeister is doing.
73, Toshen, KE0FHS
Playing with Pi-Star (unofficial notes about setting up and using Pi-Star):
https://amateurradionotes.com/pi-star.htm
EA3BIL

Post by EA3BIL »

:o

Oky...

BTW,
Merry Xmas !
73'Rafael.
EA3BIL