Post by M6KFR »

Capture nov1.JPG
Capture nov1.JPG (133.47 KiB) Viewed 4262 times
Capturenov2.JPG
Capturenov2.JPG (111.88 KiB) Viewed 4262 times
Capturenov3.JPG
Capturenov3.JPG (118.11 KiB) Viewed 4262 times
Andrew
I have carried out all you suggested, please check the next post for pics of Brandmeister, whilst the errant Talk groups have gone, i was able to put TG92 The Default and active reflector setting are missing from my set up?
I have connected / to denmark as the DMR Master and for once activity shows up but no return signal is sent, i presume the missing settings of default/active reflectors does not help, besides i dont know what they should be any how.
i hope you can suggest a solution??
my second post has more pics I hope they help
Many thanks for your help and patience
GORDON M6KFR
M6KFR

Re: Not receiving signal

Post by M6KFR »

Capturenov5.JPG
Capturenov5.JPG (58.55 KiB) Viewed 4262 times
Capturenov7.JPG
Capturenov7.JPG (135.68 KiB) Viewed 4262 times
Attachments
Capturenov4.JPG
Capturenov4.JPG (40.1 KiB) Viewed 4262 times
M6KFR

Post by M6KFR »

Captureadmin.JPG
Captureadmin.JPG (144.74 KiB) Viewed 4261 times
Andrew as you can see there is activity....
Gordon M6KFR
Attachments
Capturenov7.JPG
Capturenov7.JPG (135.68 KiB) Viewed 4261 times
M1DNS
Pi-Star Team

Post by M1DNS »

If it's transmitting and your hearing nothing on the radio. You need check your radios setup.

Look at frequency, colour code, TS (timeslot) Rx group.

Looks like your also confusing reflectors with talkgroup. TG.
Your dashboard is showing you tx'ing on tg9 whilst the net traffic is using tg92.
If you set a static TG ie. tg92. Your radio needs to have tg92 setup in a channel.
Reflectors use private dialing. Routed through to tg9 (local) all BM reflectors route through tg9 so you only need that one TG set in the radio to hear whatever reflector your linked with at that time.
A TG is different, if you want to use tg92 you need to be using the pre-defined channel for tg92.
Create a channel in the radio for tg92. Inc. Rx group 92.

Andrew M1DNS, (Mod)

Andrew M1DNS.
Pi-star Admin Team.
M6KFR

Post by M6KFR »

Many thanks Andrew, I was beginning to think my ht code plug was suspect.
I will rewrite and include your suggestions
Gordon M6KFR
M6KFR

Re: Not receiving signal saga

Post by M6KFR »

Hi
After checking passwords and the code plug in my HT I cannot link up with a master, I’ve tried as suggested both Ireland and Denmark with no success.
Admin screen shows I’m connecting with a b.e.r of 0.3
I’ve looked for information but there is so much on the new pi-star 4 it’s a little bewildering
Can you suggest a video of text that’ll explain the system ?
Your help would be gratefully received..
Gordon M6KFR
M1DNS
Pi-Star Team

Post by M1DNS »

KE7FNS wrote:
Why are you transmitting on Local (1) talkgroup?

UK Ireland and most of EU still support reflector linking. In Calling up a reflector as a private call and talking through it using tg9 (BM) Tg8 (dmr+) and tg6 (XLX)

Many UK group's teach linking using reflectors rather than an actual Tg.

Sent using Tapatalk

Andrew M1DNS.
Pi-star Admin Team.
M1DNS
Pi-Star Team

Post by M1DNS »

KE7FNS wrote:
But he isn't connecting or connected to any reflectors....

Reflector linking is a big thing here in the UK. Many sites and group's state 'all traffic via tg9'

that's where the confusion lies, being told all traffics on tg9

Which you and I know that wouldn't be correct with a static set for tg91. Or any Tg in fact. But when on the upcurve it's relatively simple to misread what's being taught and not knowing the differences between linking via TG's or via reflectors.

Sent using Tapatalk

Andrew M1DNS.
Pi-star Admin Team.
M6KFR

Post by M6KFR »

As advised I have removed completely the existing code plug, set up a private call for 9990 keyed it up, although it shows up, I got no reply.
Where TG1 comes from I don’t know as I’ve never entered it to any code plug I’ve tried to use.
I have noticed the DMR drops out on my admin page, I’m on WiFi and not “hard wired” in, if I reboot it comes back in ? Is this anything to do with my selection of “radio type”? As you know Chinese hats all come with the usual lack of instructions.
Any ideas ?
Thanks
Gordon M6KFR
AF6VN

Post by AF6VN »

M6KFR wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:31 pm As advised I have removed completely the existing code plug, set up a private call for 9990 keyed it up, although it shows up, I got no reply.
Where TG1 comes from I don’t know as I’ve never entered it to any code plug I’ve tried to use.
I have noticed the DMR drops out on my admin page, I’m on WiFi and not “hard wired” in, if I reboot it comes back in ? Is this anything to do with my selection of “radio type”? As you know Chinese hats all come with the usual lack of instructions.
"Radio type" should have nothing to do with WiFi behavior -- it identifies the board handling the amateur band transmissions (and is the concern of MMDVM part of the software). WiFi is handled by the R-Pi running the Pi-Star software.

"DMR drops out" is vague... Do you mean "DMR Net" changes from green to red under "Network Status"? Or "DMR" under "Modes Enabled" is going red? Or "Trx" under "Radio Info" is going to just plain "Listening" instead of "Listening DMR"?

Note: if your hotspot is using WiFi for connections, a lost WiFi connection would also mean you would lose access to the dashboard. If "DMR Net" goes red, but you still have dashboard access, your problem is likely somewhere in your WiFi ROUTER or external path to the server dropping or blocking internet packets. Firewall settings on the router perhaps... I presume you aren't using some "public WiFi" node (anything goes with those -- traffic limiting, need to log-in to a web page to activate outgoing traffic connection, etc.)

An MD-380 shouldn't be that difficult to set up (and should be similar to my MD-390). I have some 20+ channels defined for my hotspot. All channels are identical except for the field "Channel Name" and "Contact Name".
  • TOT 180
  • Power Low
  • Admit Criteria Color Code
  • Color Code 1
  • Time Slot 2
  • Privacy None
  • In Call Criteria Always
{Of course, the hotspot is set to the same color code, and frequency is the same for all}

Channel name, obviously, is whatever serves to identify the channel.
Contact name is drawn from the list defined in "Digital Contacts" -- Primarily they are all "Group Call" with (first) the Mi5 (Michigan DMR repeater group) talk groups, followed by a collection of Brandmeister talk groups for use with the hotspot (Mi5 repeaters do not link out to Brandmeister, but Brandmeister does have a pair of talk groups that route to Mi5's Statewide 1 and 2). I also define an RX Group list which has all these hotspot/BrandMeister contacts -- each channel then is configured to that group list. This allows inbound traffic on any of the configured BM talkgroups (if static, or not a timed out dynamic) to be heard, with the group identified. To talk on that group does require one to dial up the proper channel.

Your very first post states that the radio used to work with the hotspot -- then after a gap of non-use, stopped functioning. If you hadn't made changes to the radio configuration, that means something in either the hotspot, the router, or downstream changed.

--
AF6VN
Dennis L Bieber