Connect to BM and DMR-MARC at the same time?

Help with DMR issues
kR1ST

Connect to BM and DMR-MARC at the same time?

Post by kR1ST »

Hi there,

I'm pretty new at this and having a lot of fun with it. I'm using a Jumbospot with the latest stable release of pi-star. I can connect to a Brandmeister master successfully, and also to DMR-MARC a master (if that is what it is called) successfully. Would it be possible to connect to both at the same time, perhaps using the DMR Gateway option? I tried the latter, but the DMR-MARC connection I set up is not listed under Brandmeister, DMR+ or XLX. I would like to have all traffic go through the BM connection, and only one or two talkgroups not carried by BM to the DMR-MARC master.

I read the documentation on routing TGs, and from that it seems to be possible, but perhaps I'm misunderstanding things. My other option would be to just get another hotspot I guess.

Any hints would be greatly appreciated.

--Alex KR1ST
KD8DVR

Re: Connect to BM and DMR-MARC at the same time?

Post by KD8DVR »

Not on a jumbospot.

It may be doable with a duplex hotspot, though.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

AntiSquid Disclaimer: All messages posted are personal opinion only and may not constitute fact.
W1KMC

Post by W1KMC »

I was under the impression that DMR-MARC did not allow 'home-brew' (non-Batwing or Hytera repeaters) on the system. So, if you added DMR-MARC master, please share as here in Maine , it's all we have and I'd like to get the repeaters here in Maine on the hotspot, then BM wouldn't matter so much to me.

Step-by-step please if you would.
I am no developer, guru, expert, nor do I claim to be or want to be. All advice I give is purely from experience and my efforts to help others.

W1KMC - Kevin M Carman
Bangor, ME
Jumbospot on a Pi0W
DMR 3123142 & 3123143
HHUS Trunk Ext 4329
KD8DVR

Post by KD8DVR »

Oh. That's right. I forgot. No hotspots on DMR MARC

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

AntiSquid Disclaimer: All messages posted are personal opinion only and may not constitute fact.
VE6DV

Post by VE6DV »

Instead of DMR-MARC, do you mean a DMR+ IPSC2 server?
73 - Jeff VE6DV
kR1ST

Post by kR1ST »

You can connect to a DMR-MARC system, but that depends on the owner. For instructions see:

http://ks-dmr.net/how-to-add-k0usy-as-a ... n-pi-star/

Now back to my original question, can you connect to BM and DMR-MARC at the same time, routing some talkgroups to one network and some to the other?

--Alex KR1ST
M1DNS
Pi-Star Team

Post by M1DNS »

I know nothing of DMR Marc's particular setup but, using DMR gateway gives the ability to simultaneously connect with differing servers and networks. So if you know the setup criteria for a particular connection try configuring it in DMR gateway.

Andrew M1DNS, (Mod)

Andrew M1DNS.
Pi-star Admin Team.
kR1ST

Post by kR1ST »

Ah, turning off pass-all and adding suffixes to the TG rewite rules may be what I need. I will play with that.

Thanks for the suggestions!

--Alex KR1ST
kR1ST

Post by kR1ST »

I got it to work with the suggestions from CT1DVM. This saves me buying a second hotspot. :)

Turning off TGpassall (simply omit the line) and setting up multiple TGRewrite rules with suffixes and ranges for both network configurations is what did the trick. You have to do this by using the DMR GW option in the Expert mode. The Configuration display in the non-Expert mode for DMR will show the incorrect information, but it works.

The nice thing is that it did not require me to re-program the radios.

Many thanks!

--Alex KR1ST
KN4QZM

Post by KN4QZM »

Alex: That's great you got this working. I've been trying to get the same thing going as well. I think I'm close with everything in DMR GW but I suspect it's not working because the TGRewrite command syntax is not correct and you mentioned the use of suffix's. Can you share some info on this aspect please?

Thank you,
Eli
KN4QZM