"linked" talkgroups?

Help with DMR issues
KC3MLA

"linked" talkgroups?

Post by KC3MLA »

Duplex hotspot, using Brandmeister.

On the admin dash, at the lower left, it shows the talkgroup and reflector for each timeslice.

I seem to remember these being referred to as the "linked" talkgroup. What, exactly, is this telling me?

If I have several static talkgroups set for TS2 (for example) the "linked" TG seems to change to match the most recent QSO that comes in on the TS. It doesn't seem to be sticky for any time period. It also seems to change whenever I key up on a particular TG. Then changes again if traffic comes in for a different TG.

So what is the significance of these TGs?
Mark
KD8DVR

Re: "linked" talkgroups?

Post by KD8DVR »

That indicates the talkgroup the hotspot is currently connected to.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

AntiSquid Disclaimer: All messages posted are personal opinion only and may not constitute fact.
KC3MLA

Post by KC3MLA »

What does "connected to" mean? My experience is not much, since keying up with the radio set to a different TG will change it. As will traffic from the net from a different TG.
Mark
AF6VN

Post by AF6VN »

KC3MLA wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:29 pm What does "connected to" mean? My experience is not much, since keying up with the radio set to a different TG will change it. As will traffic from the net from a different TG.
Well, for Brandmeister, you only get such "traffic from the net" if:
1) the talkgroup was manually set to static
2) the talkgroup is pseudo-static (the dynamic talkgroup you most recently keyed up)
3) the talkgroup is dynamic and has not timed out

My understanding is that "repeaters" only have #3, while simple hotspots support all three categories.

It may be of more use if one is running multimode (D-Star and DMR, say), and the contacts list has filled with a different mode

--
AF6VN
Dennis L Bieber
KC3MLA

Post by KC3MLA »

I'm running a duplex hotspot. I observe #1 which causes the "linked" TG to change. Can change frequently if I have multiple static TGs defined.
Mark