Parrot Issue - Live Log entries

Help with DMR issues
VK2FMET

Parrot Issue - Live Log entries

Post by VK2FMET »

I'm trying to work out if it's me (my radio code plug) or something else is stopping my access to Parrot.
It used to return my audio but it has stopped. I'm getting other people reporting the same issue, others still say they have no issue.
So,.. To start, what should I expect to see in the live logs when I make a call to 9990?
On the pi-star Dashboard I see the call
ParrotDashboard.PNG
ParrotDashboard.PNG (7.39 KiB) Viewed 4006 times
I do NOT get any response from the parrot.
In the live logs I see the entry for Tx
Starting logging, please wait...
M: 2020-01-06 15:10:46.561 DMR Slot 2, received RF voice header from VK2FMET to 9990
M: 2020-01-06 15:10:54.755 DMR Slot 2, received RF end of voice transmission from VK2FMET to 9990, 8.3 seconds, BER: 0.5%, RSSI: -47/-47/-47 dBm

But there is no log entry for Rx.
Should I see any Rx entry? Is the absence of the Rx entry in the logs indicating something wrong with the Parrot and not me?

Alan
Alan
VK1AO
KN2TOD

Re: Parrot Issue - Live Log entries

Post by KN2TOD »

You should be seeing traffic to and fro. Looks like something external to your hotspot. Perhaps changing to a different BM master might fix this?
Attachments
BM Parrot Live Log.png
BM Parrot Live Log.png (99.64 KiB) Viewed 4001 times
BM Parrot Dashboard.png
BM Parrot Dashboard.png (60.95 KiB) Viewed 4001 times
VK3HAW

Post by VK3HAW »

Alan,

It took me a few tries to get the parrot to work, but it works well now.

I have a Talk Group with: TG/DMR ID 9990, slot 2, Private call, called "Parrot/9990"

I also have a Talk Group with: TG/DMR ID 9, Group call, called "LocalRPTR/9". This is added to my Receive Group call list as Group Name "echo"

So my "Hot Spot Parrot" channel has: "Contact": Parrot/9990 and "Receive Group list": echo.

I don't know if this is technically correct, but it works for me using AnyTone D878UV, Rasberry Pi 3B, MMDVM HS Hat, BM_Australia_5051.

Steve
Attachments
Parrot log.jpg
Parrot log.jpg (44.77 KiB) Viewed 3995 times
VK2FMET

Post by VK2FMET »

Thanks All,
Steve,
When I make my Parrot contact a Private Call it is no longer available to place in a RX Group - it's only available when it's a Group Call. Just a phone difference I'd say - since it worked from me before as a Group Call, I've tried both ways now with still nothing coming back in the Live Logs.
Alan
PS - I'm stumped now. I switched to BM_Australia_5051 as Master .. it logs in successfully and Parrot works perfectly!!!
I didn't think I could log in to BM at all. Is there a Dashboard similar to the VKHOTSPOT dashboard for the BM Master network?
Alan
VK1AO
VK3HAW

Post by VK3HAW »

Hi Alan,

I don't know of a similar dashboard for BM, but you can get some info on the https://hose.brandmeister.network/ and https://brandmeister.network/ page.

With the Brand Meister and VKDMR talk groups, TG380x groups are shared on both sites.

What had me completely stumped was that TG505 is not shared and they are still independent for either network.

Glad you got the parrot going, with "Talk Group with: TG/DMR ID 9, Group call, called "LocalRPTR/9". This is added to my Receive Group call list as Group Name "echo"" it is a group call.

Edit Correction: The TG 380x groups on the VKDMR Network are now shared with the 505x Groups on VK Brandmeister network.
VK2FMET

Post by VK2FMET »

sorry, never mind - go it all and registered with BM. Not sure what differences there will be from VKDMR but I'll see - some mentioned the 2 networks are joined??
Alan
VK1AO
KN2TOD

Post by KN2TOD »

Have you tried setting the TG to "Private Call" *and* setting the receive group in the channel as "None"? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought parrots had to be private - you don't want whatever your say being broadcast out to a group, do you? For the purposes of 1-to-1 echoing, your HT is basically in a receive group by itself, hence the setting of "none".
VK2FMET

Post by VK2FMET »

That is, indeed the way I have it. It works fine this way on BM but as said above, when logged on to VKDMR as the master, I get nothing back - my send goes out but no entry in the Live Logs coming back at all
Alan
Alan
VK1AO