DMR2YSF only working to mobiles, not handhelds.

Help with DMR issues
g6nhu

DMR2YSF only working to mobiles, not handhelds.

Post by g6nhu »

Hi folks,

I've got an unusual one which I'm trying to get my head around and I'm hoping someone here can offer some advice please.

I have a FTM-100 connected via a Pi-Star hotspot just for YSF and it's working perfectly. I also have an Anytone 878 handheld that I want to use with another hotspot in the car using DMR2YSF. Those appropriate parts of the hotspot are configured as per the picture below.

In the Anytone, I've set up a talkgroup with the same reflector number that I want to use and If I transmit on the FTM-100, I can hear myself on the Anytone. There's about a four to five second delay but considering what's going on, that's perfectly acceptable.

When I transmit on the Anytone, I can hear myself on my FTM-100, again there's a delay but that's fine.

So it works! I can transmit on YSF and hear myself on DMR and vice versa. That's great.

But...

My friend who has his hotspot connected to the same reflector can hear me perfectly on his FTM-400 but he can't hear me on his FT-70. Another friend also has an FT-70 and he can't hear me either and neither can a third friend with an FT-1DE.

So it appears that I can hear everyone on my DMR handheld but only people with mobile radios can hear me. The others can see that I'm transmitting, I show on their Pi-Star dashboards and they get the blue light on the radio but there's no audio.

Is this something I've missed? Is this a bug? Is this an incompatibility between how different radios decode the data stream?

Can I do anything to fix this?

Thanks,

73 Keith.

PH0DV

Re: DMR2YSF only working to mobiles, not handhelds.

Post by PH0DV »

Hello Keith,

Is this solved? and if yes, how is it solved?

Anybody?

73's
PH0DV
Dick
g6nhu

Post by g6nhu »

Nope.
G8SEZ

Post by G8SEZ »

What software versions are the various Yaesu radios running?

I believe there have been a number of changes to the user and group IDs in the most recent versions, so it could be that the non-working radios don't yet have the updated firmware.
--

Brian G8SEZ
g6nhu

Post by g6nhu »

They all have the latest versions.

I made the same post as this on Facebook and the suggestion has been that the latest firmware is actually the problem but this hasn't been confirmed.