Duplicate Transmissions on both slots Ver:4 RC:?

Help with DMR issues
F5VMR

Duplicate Transmissions on both slots Ver:4 RC:?

Post by F5VMR »

In the last few days there have been phenomena where traffic on one slot has been transposed on to the other slot. At first I thought this was a BrandMeister error but logically this could not happen.
Firstly GB7TH - Matt M0LCK was in QSO with a colleague on TG9 Slot 1 throughout extended periods over two or more days, but they were unaware that their transmissions were being diverted simultaneously onto TG9 slot 2 to which reflector 4400 was fixed. Consequently their conversation was being relayed over the UK 2350 Talk group.
Secondly around the same few days, I have been monitoring TG2350 that was appearing on my personal repeater dashboard on both slots simultaneously, as was my managed repeater F5ZLR, and I made several transmissions on slot 2 (RF) TG2350 and it was also appearing as TG 1 (Net). F5ZLW was not experiencing this phenomenon for reason I will explain.
Finally Norman M6NBP reported the use of Personal ID 1234567 being detected over several repeaters in his area on TG 23510 (Reflector 4411). On close examination of all the repeater logs on BrandMeister this ID was not being detected on the network, however was only on GB7MH TG9 TS1.

To the nub - F5ZLW is running RC4, and F5ZLR is running RC8 as is my repeater at home. F5ZLW is running BrandMeister without GW, and F5ZLR and my repeater are running DMR GW. The difference between F5ZLR and my repeater is that F5ZLR is running BM 2082 & IPSC2 France 3, and I'm running BM 2341 and IPSC2-Pheonix-F. GB7TH is running DMR GW probably RC7 or 8, and GB7MH is not on GW.

I am not declaring that there is a problem with this RC of Pi-Star, but asking you to verify that the mmdvmhost.ini is not misinterpreting the stream as it enters and leave the modem(s). I am running HS_DUAL hat on Rpi3b at home, F5ZLR is running Zum-radio on arduino modem with Rpi2B, and F5ZLW RC4 is running on a zum-radio pi-hat on Pi2
M1DNS
Pi-Star Team

Re: Duplicate Transmissions on both slots Ver:4 RC:?

Post by M1DNS »

There's been several reports of this in the BM group's over the last week of these oddities happening. I believe they are looking at it from their side. Afaia there have been no updates to pistar in the time period of these things happening.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Andrew M1DNS.
Pi-star Admin Team.