want my callsign and not my DMR number displayed

Help with DMR issues
vk2spb

want my callsign and not my DMR number displayed

Post by vk2spb »

Hello, I have a Jumbospot and Retivis RT3s DMR radio.....When I am using DMR mode my DMR number and not my callsign is displayed on the list on the Admin Page (using pistar dashboard)....How do I get my callsign only to be displayed?....Any help will be greatly appreciated...Thank-you.
vk2spb

Re: want my callsign and not my DMR number displayed

Post by vk2spb »

Hi, I have been using DMR for 2 weeks now and still my DMR number instead of my callsign is displayed on the Dashboard.....Also I thought "update" loads in the latest firmware for the PiZero (?)....Thank-you.
M1DNS
Pi-Star Team

Post by M1DNS »

vk2spb wrote:Also I thought "update" loads in the latest firmware for the PiZero (?)....Thank-you.
update amonst a few other things updates pistars back end support files. Like dmr_ids.dat and the host files, also pulls down the newer dashboard releases.

Upgrade pulls down the newer releases until you reach the latest in that series.

firmware updates have their own specific commands...

pistar-zumspotflash
pistar-zumspotflash usb
pistar-mmdvmhshatflash hs_hat

Amongst others.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Andrew M1DNS.
Pi-star Admin Team.
vk2spb

Post by vk2spb »

Thanks for replying to my query....If I do a manual update will my configuration settings be lost?
M1DNS
Pi-Star Team

Post by M1DNS »

vk2spb wrote:Thanks for replying to my query....If I do a manual update will my configuration settings be lost?
No not normally with an update. Nor with an upgrade. Settings should stay the same.

Although if you have concerns use the backup page to create a snapshot of ur config as it stands before doing so.

Only occasionally when the update backend pulls in something that might not be catered to with the previous setup you might need to visit the config, hit save changes on any one of the panels there and it'll correct itself.

Obviously any download and reburn will not retain ur current setup. Although there are ways to minimise that inconvenience too.

Andrew M1DNS.
Pi-star Admin Team.
vk2spb

Post by vk2spb »

KE7FNS wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:35 am
vk2spb wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:51 am How do I get my callsign only to be displayed?
Just wait until the automatic nightly update pulls the most current database, or if you are that impatient do a manual update using the dashboard or SSH.
Thanks for the info mate.
vk2spb

Post by vk2spb »

M1DNS wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:23 pm
vk2spb wrote:Thanks for replying to my query....If I do a manual update will my configuration settings be lost?
No not normally with an update. Nor with an upgrade. Settings should stay the same.

Although if you have concerns use the backup page to create a snapshot of ur config as it stands before doing so.

Only occasionally when the update backend pulls in something that might not be catered to with the previous setup you might need to visit the config, hit save changes on any one of the panels there and it'll correct itself.

Obviously any download and reburn will not retain ur current setup. Although there are ways to minimise that inconvenience too.

Thanks for the info mate.