Motorola issue

Help with DMR issues
EI2GLB

Motorola issue

Post by EI2GLB »

Not sure if this is a pi-star issue but someone might be able to help me
I am just after getting a DM3600/XPR4550 and I have a issue. I am using it for DMR on a simplex gateway, If I just monitor 2 stations talking it works perfect, If I join in the conversation when I unkey I miss the first 2 or 3 seconds of the next guys transmission, everyone is supposed to leave a gap in the system and they do appear to but for some reason my radio seems to be taking a long time to go back to receive, I can see the person transmit on the gateway dashboard and I can see the signal on the radio, but it just takes a couple of seconds for the audio to pass, I have searched in Google and all over the codeplug but can't see a setting that fixes this, My Anytone HT does not have this issue,

As an example, on BM if I key TG4000 to unlink a TG when I get the automated reply I only hear the "ED" at the end I miss the "UNLINK" part,

Thanks
Trevor
EI2GLB
KG7VIQ

Re: Motorola issue

Post by KG7VIQ »

Hello,

I realize that this post of over a year old, but I wanted to post an answer, if I understand the question correctly. In General Settings > Talkaround Group Hangtime should be set to 1000ms. This will reduce the hangtime from the default setting.

Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (1.33 KiB) Viewed 821 times
M1DNS
Pi-Star Team

Re: Motorola issue

Post by M1DNS »

If Trevour has sat waiting 20+ months for a reply to his question. He has to be the most patient man i know.

Sent via smoke signals from my SM-G935F M1DNS (Admin)

Andrew M1DNS.
Pi-star Admin Team.