New Overlay for DMRGateway - welcome your comments

Help with DMR issues
VE6DV

Re: New Overlay for DMRGateway - welcome your comments

Post by VE6DV »

That did the trick. Everything appears to be working well thus far. Thanks again for the help. I will let you know if I find any other problems.
73 - Jeff VE6DV
VE6PLC

Post by VE6PLC »

I have been following this thread with great interest and modifying my codeplugs and Gateway settings. Thanks, Andy for the explanation of what the rewrite rules are doing. Pi-star has a lot more capabilities than I ever imagined when I first saw it. I can see that I am going to have to update the hotspots and radios for some friends and family, once we can get together again. And thanks, Jeff, for pursuing this with Andy. You make a good team!
MW0MWZ
Site Admin

Post by MW0MWZ »

VE6PLC wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 6:25 pm I have been following this thread with great interest and modifying my codeplugs and Gateway settings. Thanks, Andy for the explanation of what the rewrite rules are doing. Pi-star has a lot more capabilities than I ever imagined when I first saw it. I can see that I am going to have to update the hotspots and radios for some friends and family, once we can get together again. And thanks, Jeff, for pursuing this with Andy. You make a good team!
Well if you have AnyTone radios - you might want to check this out: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2749
Andy

73 de MW0MWZ
http://pistar.uk
VE6PLC

Post by VE6PLC »

That's nifty. I have 2 MD-380's and 2 GD-77's. One friend has an RT-3S and another one has an RD-5R. The only person with an Anytone that I have configured is using it with an Openspot 2 hotspot.
F5VMR

Post by F5VMR »

I was fascinated with this from the outset, to have access to both networks with minimum of fiddling. However it does require thinking outside the box. I went down the route of three TGRewrite rules for IPSC2, AND ing 1-3 digit talk-groups with 8000, 4 digit talk groups with 80000, and 5 digits talk-groups with 800000, and it works fine. I've had an issue with private calls on BrandMeister as I seem to be rejected, so I've just rearranged the lines in the configuration to see if that changes things. I never use reflectors in any of the repeaters, and the return acknowledgements from both sets of servers emerge correctly on TG9 and TG8009 when sending 9990 calls. I have noted that group call 9990 is required in the code plug and the code makes the transition to private call. I shall not be using the DynTG however as talk-groups and switchable code plugs are already familiar. When you have a multi-multi channel capable radio, is seems restrictive to run a single channel and push buttons.

Well done anyway. it does what it says out to do, and far far better than the SSH version of MMDVM host I used to run.

Chris F5VMR http:

PS. Because of the different interlinks on IPSC2, TG80 (8080 in my case) and the others don't cross from IPSC2 France to IPSC2 Phoenix, only the MCC groups, in anybody is wondering,
MW0MWZ
Site Admin

Post by MW0MWZ »

F5VMR wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 8:54 am I was fascinated with this from the outset, to have access to both networks with minimum of fiddling. However it does require thinking outside the box. I went down the route of three TGRewrite rules for IPSC2, AND ing 1-3 digit talk-groups with 8000, 4 digit talk groups with 80000, and 5 digits talk-groups with 800000, and it works fine. I've had an issue with private calls on BrandMeister as I seem to be rejected, so I've just rearranged the lines in the configuration to see if that changes things. I never use reflectors in any of the repeaters, and the return acknowledgements from both sets of servers emerge correctly on TG9 and TG8009 when sending 9990 calls. I have noted that group call 9990 is required in the code plug and the code makes the transition to private call. I shall not be using the DynTG however as talk-groups and switchable code plugs are already familiar. When you have a multi-multi channel capable radio, is seems restrictive to run a single channel and push buttons.

Well done anyway. it does what it says out to do, and far far better than the SSH version of MMDVM host I used to run.

Chris F5VMR http:

PS. Because of the different interlinks on IPSC2, TG80 (8080 in my case) and the others don't cross from IPSC2 France to IPSC2 Phoenix, only the MCC groups, in anybody is wondering,
Chris,

If you spot any TG where I have the slot number universally wrong, let me know and I can move it over - as per the other ones already pushed to wherever they need to be.

Yes it does require some thinking about - but the prefixes etc were chosen such that currently at least they don't over-lap any existing talk groups, although that could change later.

Private calls on BM should just be dialled as normal, so if you dial my ID and press the PTT, the call should be routed to directly to me, I've tested that in the past, and it should work, more than happy to test that with you if you need it.
Andy

73 de MW0MWZ
http://pistar.uk
F5VMR

Post by F5VMR »

Andy - Still having issues with ALL private calls getting the refused tone. Other than that everything else passes exactly as I wish. Can you cast your eye over this config please.

[DMR Network 1]
Enabled=1
Address=87.117.229.173
Port=62031
PassAllPC1=1
PassAllPC2=2
PassAllTG1=1
PassAllTG2=2
TypeRewrite1=1,9990,1,9990
TypeRewrite2=2,9990,2,9990
SrcRewrite2=2,4000,2,9,1
Password="passw0rd"
Debug=0
Id=######### - Redacted
Name=BM_United_Kingdom_2341

[DMR Network 2]
Enabled=1
Address=78.129.135.43
Port=55555
TGRewrite0=2,8009,2,9,1
TGRewrite1=1,8001,1,1,999
TGRewrite2=2,82000,2,2000,999
TGRewrite3=2,820000,2,20000,9999
PCRewrite0=2,84000,2,8009,1
Password="PASSWORD"
Debug=0
Id=######### - redacted
Name=DMR+_IPSC2-PhoenixF
Options="StartRef=4406;RelinkTime=720;TS1_1=235;TS1_2=208;TS2_1=860;TS2_2=2085;TS2_3=20833"

By the way only 208 passes to the French IPSC2 server, and if logged in to the IPSC2 France 3 server only 235 crosses to the UK server, not 80-84 - the interlink paths are not configured that way.
F5VMR

Post by F5VMR »

My problem was not DMR-Gateway related as it happens.

When programming a channel in the data management block (in a Tytera/Retevis CPS) do not under any circumstances check the box labelled "Private Call Confirmed" - Quite counter-intuitive it seems, but a conversation I had earlier today concerning Quad TDMA, where Point to Point contacts are best blocked, this is what I had in fact done. If there are similar settings in other devices be warned as this could be an issue as well.

Having changed the settings - everything works as it should.
K2IE

Post by K2IE »

Working brilliantly on my Lonestar Duplex hotpsot. It is great to have all my networks at my fingertips.

Tbank you!
G0HFN

Post by G0HFN »

Ive looked everywhere for this info. Brilliant many thanks!

I was trying to add DMR+ reflectors to the AT878 codeplug but nothing would work except by manually typing them in the radio.
Everything now works and Ive set up a DMR+ zone. Hopefully this will become part of the next update.
Well done all

Unrelated and posted in the ‘feature requests’.

When using DMR+ via DMRgateway it would be nice if the APRS position beacons were also intercepted and sent via the DMR+ APRS TG. . At the moment they are just lost in the ether until the hotspot return to BM.