XLX Linked to.. Not Linked Announcements

Help with DMR issues
VK2FMET

XLX Linked to.. Not Linked Announcements

Post by VK2FMET »

This doesn't happen to me so much and I know when it does it's internet connection or a reflector re-boot initiates it.
But for a couple of friends on the road, it is happening a lot more regularly at the moment (perhaps since the 4.1 upgrade - maybe not)
Am I right in assuming that the XLX link is checked by heartbeat on a regular basis? And a missed heartbeat causes the un-link and a resumed heartbeat causes a re-link - "Linked To" message?
Alan
VK1AO
MW0MWZ
Site Admin

Re: XLX Linked to.. Not Linked Announcements

Post by MW0MWZ »

VK2FMET wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 2:50 am This doesn't happen to me so much and I know when it does it's internet connection or a reflector re-boot initiates it.
But for a couple of friends on the road, it is happening a lot more regularly at the moment (perhaps since the 4.1 upgrade - maybe not)
Am I right in assuming that the XLX link is checked by heartbeat on a regular basis? And a missed heartbeat causes the un-link and a resumed heartbeat causes a re-link - "Linked To" message?
That is a loaded question - it depends on how you are linking to the XLX.

DMR/D-Star or YSF ?
Andy

73 de MW0MWZ
http://pistar.uk
VK2FMET

Post by VK2FMET »

Yeh - OK - I was referring to DMR in the first instance
I don't get any announcements from YSF connections or discons - should I?

In fact - The YSF room connections to XLX reflector are to the reflector - not an individual Module letter. Which module do you end up on (before I test to find out)?
Alan
VK1AO
MW0MWZ
Site Admin

Post by MW0MWZ »

VK2FMET wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 7:05 am Yeh - OK - I was referring to DMR in the first instance
I don't get any announcements from YSF connections or discons - should I?

In fact - The YSF room connections to XLX reflector are to the reflector - not an individual Module letter. Which module do you end up on (before I test to find out)?
XLX via YSF, is a bit of a problem at the moment, the other cross mode stuff happens nicely in a tree layout.

Code: Select all

YSF/FCS at the top
\
 YSF2xxx
  \
   Select a TG etc, when you disconnect here you go right back to the top.
That works nicely however, XLX is expected to work the same, but it does not because the ID coming back from the XLX does not match the ID of the local gateway, so you have to connect to an XLX, then take your radio out of WiresX mode, and then go back to WiresX mode, and now you can control the XLX.

We'll get that cured eventually....
Andy

73 de MW0MWZ
MW0MWZ
Site Admin

Post by MW0MWZ »

VK2FMET wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 2:50 am This doesn't happen to me so much and I know when it does it's internet connection or a reflector re-boot initiates it.
Looping back to the first question - heart beat is a DMR thing, yes, so it's totally possible for that to happen.
Andy

73 de MW0MWZ