New DMR user - Not sure if Zumspot is conecting

Help with DMR issues
W5PB

New DMR user - Not sure if Zumspot is conecting

Post by W5PB »

My Zumspot (running Pi-Star v4.1.2) has worked pretty well for D-Star. After setting up the DMR side, I turned off D-Star to avoid any conflicts.
I successfuly set it up to receive DMR through my SDR by setting up static talk groups either in Pi-Star or via BM Self Care. I have since removed those static groups, since I now have an Alinco DJ MD5T to use instead of the SDR. Unfortunately, I am not sure if I am actually connecting to any talk groups.

When I transmit, I've confirmed the following:

I can see my signal coming in on the dashboard and it shows I'm attempting to connect to a talk group.
DMR and DMR-Net are green.
DMR ID is correct on both ends
Time slot 2
Color code 1
BM United States 3102 is the server

On some groups, like 310, the Brandmeister "hose" site shows traffic, but I hear nothing, and it does not display my callsign when I key up and ID.
W5PB

Re: New DMR user - Not sure if Zumspot is conecting

Post by W5PB »

Well, I think I fixed it... I finally heard my call echoed back from the parrot. Also connected to another talk groups and saw my callsign on the BM "hose" site. When I hit disconnect I got a "not linked" message back.

From the Pi Star dashboard - Config>Expert>MMDVMHost>DMRNetwork>Password was set to a default password. When I registered on the Brandmeister site, I recall setting a password for my hotspot, I forget the exact details. Anyway, replacing the default password with the new password seems to have worked.

Thanks for the suggestion, however!
W5PB

Re: New DMR user - Not sure if Zumspot is conecting

Post by W5PB »

Another observation - When I toggle D-Star back on, and the hotspot reboots, it reverts to the default password, and I have to reset it to the actual password to regain access to DMR. Just another bug I guess.