Help with DMR issues
EA3BIL

BM SSID SUFFIX

Post by EA3BIL »

Hello,

As far as I've read on BM DashBoard:

"...
Accessing BrandMeister DMR using your radio and personal hotspot
In your radio’s codeplug, configure your 7-digit personal DMR ID as assigned by HamDigital or RadioID. (For example: 2060945).

In your hotspot configuration, use your 7-digit personal DMR ID followed by “01”, for a total of 9-digits. (For example: 206094501). If you have more than one hotspot, use the suffix 02, 03, etc.
..."

Suffix 00 looks to be NOT ACCEPTED by BM so,

Could it be removed from the BrandMeister Network ESSID dropdown 00 option??

NOTE:
I guess it's neither accepted on DMR+...

Any thoughts ??
73'Rafael.
EA3BIL
JN11an
AF6VN

Re: BM SSID SUFFIX

Post by AF6VN »

EA3BIL wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:04 pm In your hotspot configuration, use your 7-digit personal DMR ID followed by “01”, for a total of 9-digits. (For example: 206094501). If you have more than one hotspot, use the suffix 02, 03, etc.
..."
Has Brandmeister made a change?

So far as I know (and mine has been running for two years) if one only has ONE hotspot one does not need to specify an extension. My configuration has "None" in the ESSID field.

--
AF6VN
Dennis L Bieber
EA3BIL

Re: BM SSID SUFFIX

Post by EA3BIL »

It's not mandatory but recomended to use the suffix in order to avoid your HS getting PCs being sent to your radio...
As previously said, it also alows you to have more than one HS with diferent configurations up and running simultaneously.

The "change" was accepting suffixes to have those advantages enabled also avoiding the need of two IDs to have radio and HS using the same ID (without suffix). And obviosly, the "relax" on numbering by only neeeding one ID by user.

Anyway, it's up to you use the suffix or not... ;)

Note:
That "change" is enabled since Dec.2019 (at least)
73'Rafael.
EA3BIL
JN11an