Duplex Hotspot Disconnect

Help with DMR issues
Ae4g

Re: Duplex Hotspot Disconnect

Post by Ae4g »

Most of my experiments have been with timeslot 1.

I have a “disconnect” channel for both time slots 1 and 2.
AF6VN

Post by AF6VN »

Okay -- we're past my theoretical knowledge...

--
AF6VN
Dennis L Bieber
Ae4g

Post by Ae4g »

Thanks for trying.

If I don’t get any more suggestions here, I might try posting again under the general help topic.
M1DNS
Pi-Star Team

Post by M1DNS »

Is this even a thing ???
How could this work ???

If ts2 is busy, how would keying ts1 with an unlink call tg4000 drop ts2. It'll just drop whatevers connected on ts1.

I dont know where you heard this but, i can't see how that could work.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Andrew M1DNS.
Pi-star Admin Team.
Ae4g

Post by Ae4g »

You are right, that won’t work, but that isn’t what I am trying to do.

I am trying to disconnect TS 1 while it is busy by sending a 4000 to TS 1. This is not working.

(Same for TS 2 - a call to 4000 on TS 2)

M1DNS wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:02 am Is this even a thing ???
How could this work ???

If ts2 is busy, how would keying ts1 with an unlink call tg4000 drop ts2. It'll just drop whatevers connected on ts1.

I dont know where you heard this but, i can't see how that could work.

AF4FA

Post by AF4FA »

Ae4g wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:54 am You are right, that won’t work, but that isn’t what I am trying to do.

I am trying to disconnect TS 1 while it is busy by sending a 4000 to TS 1. This is not working.

[/quote]

You cannot issue a disconnect while the hotspot is in an active situation. The hotspot must be idle for you to be able to issue a disconnect and have it acted on. As long as there is traffic it will not work.
AF6VN

Post by AF6VN »

AF4FA wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 1:17 pm You cannot issue a disconnect while the hotspot is in an active situation. The hotspot must be idle for you to be able to issue a disconnect and have it acted on. As long as there is traffic it will not work.
My understanding of the concept (remember, /I/ don't have a duplex system myself) was that, with two frequencies in use, the hotspot can receive on the input frequency even while sending on the output frequency. But perhaps that requires full "repeater" configuration -- with separate external receive/transmit radios (though I thought duplex units had two flea-power radio modules on-board).

After all, it has to be possible on a true repeater, or there would be no way for a local user to disconnect a "locked" (someone elsewhere with a constant PTT) talk group.

OTOH: since duplex hotspots are, to my knowledge, treated as repeaters (by Brandmeister at least), all talk groups are dynamic, and will time out after something like 10-15 minutes so long as the local side doesn't transmit to it.

--
AF6VN
Dennis L Bieber
Ae4g

Post by Ae4g »

Thanks for the report. I’m starting to accept that it isn’t possible with the duplex hotspots.

It works fine on my local repeater and I thought a duplex hotspot would work the same.

Maybe it is something that can be fixed in software, but that is probably an MMDVM thing, not PiStar.

KE7FNS wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:25 pm I tested it on my duplex hat and it doesn't appear to work while a conversation is happening. My hotspot recognizes the 4000 keyup during a QSO, but does not drop the conversation.

I think the best way to do what you want and drop a QSO is to use the admin control panel with your BM API key installed instead of a radio.
M1DNS
Pi-Star Team

Post by M1DNS »

Ae4g wrote:You are right, that won’t work, but that isn’t what I am trying to do.

Ok, I obvs. misunderstood what you were trying to do. Now i know, Im still not aware of this as a feature of a hotspot board. If it's txing traffic, it can't get that drop request back to the server.

Andrew M1DNS.
Pi-star Admin Team.
G8SEZ

Post by G8SEZ »

I think that there are quite a few changes in the HAT firmware since the 1.4.17 release, and indeed since the 1.5.1 beta, that relate to duplex hotspots.

I am not sure when Andy is planning to release the 1.5.x firmware, maybe the other Andy(s) know(s).
--

Brian G8SEZ