Duplex Hotspot Disconnect

Help with DMR issues
Ae4g

Re: Duplex Hotspot Disconnect

Post by Ae4g »

Though there have been sporadic reports of it working from a couple of users, there has been no solution that was repeatable by others as far as I’m aware.

I wrote to the creator of the MMDVM hotspot firmware (Andy CA6JAU) a few times hoping to get an authoritative answer on whether or not it should be possible, but didn’t receive a response.
n6krj

Post by n6krj »

KE7FNS wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:02 pm I know what he's "talking about", what I wanted to know is where this magic button is at that is labeled "repeater" that makes it work differently.
I’m going from memory as I’m not at my computer, please bear with me.

In the AnyTone CPS, in the channel dialogue on the top right side of the configuration screen, there’s a row of check boxes and a pull down selection. I believe the selection is labeled something with the word “Mode”. I don’t recall all the options in the list, but one is “simplex”, another is “repeater”. Select “repeater” when the channel is connected to the duplex hotspot.

There’s an analogous setting on the radio itself under Settings > Channel.
n6krj

Post by n6krj »

I’m experiencing this same issue; as well as possibly a related issue.

If I key up a TG4000 during a QSO on the same time slot, the dashboard is not displaying that by Tx on the local activity is even being received.

Coincidentally I’m also noticing that even when I see no activity in the dashboard right after a QSO, if I don’t wait about 3 more seconds, when I key up, the dashboard doesn’t display any local activity. Could be something unrelated, but I’ve noticed this behavior ever since I set my radio to infinite hold, as now my hold indicator on the radio remains static, and I’m looking at the hotspot display or the dashboard to see if there’s a break in the QSO.

I did just flash my modem with the 1.5 beta (to get my Nextion working). If there’s someone that has a working configuration that properly disconnects during a QSO, I’m wondering if you could share it in its entirety? Everything from channel settings on your radio to your hotspot configuration, and if you have any additional options being passed to brandmeister.
AA1PR

TS1 Duplex Hotspot Disconnect

Post by AA1PR »

In my codeplug for the duplex hotspot I created disconnect channels for TS1 & TS2
timeslot 2 works perfectly, however timeslot 1 doesnt
I never get the "disconnected" voice prompt back

I was chatting with a ham from CA earlier today that said brandmeister holds onto ts1 calls & to go into your hotspot page and drop them there
that works but defeats the purpose of a dual timeslot duplex hotspot

is there a fix for this, or someting I havent read on it someone can point me to
KG6RUT

Post by KG6RUT »

my basic understanding is that Disconnect is for dynamic TG's....and I think most have one TS set for Statics and the other for dynamics, so maybe thats the issue??? really I am not sure as I try and figure out all the intricacies myself :) also is the Channel on the HT set to Repeater mode?
AA1PR

Post by AA1PR »

thanks
I hate static talkgroups
Ill keep researching the issue
KG6RUT

Post by KG6RUT »

Ok. GL. Also the TG needs to be free in order to disconnect.....so disconnecting from 91 as an example can be rather difficult. I have my Dynamic TG's on TS1 and Disconnect works just fine so the first post from the "CA Ham" is not accurate.
AA1PR

Post by AA1PR »

KG6RUT wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:58 pm Ok. GL. Also the TG needs to be free in order to disconnect.....so disconnecting from 91 as an example can be rather difficult. I have my Dynamic TG's on TS1 and Disconnect works just fine so the first post from the "CA Ham" is not accurate.

I thought that a duplex hotspot since it uses a seperate TX & RX freqs you could still send a disconnect command even if teh TX side was busy

it works perfectly fine in that fashion of timeslot2

a ham I conversed with today in CA claimed its brandmeister that hangs onto ts1 calls & talkgroups

so irritating to have to go there to drop tgs
KG6RUT

Post by KG6RUT »

well like I said, its for dropping Dynamic TG's, and yes very annoying if you cant disconnect.

If you add the BM API to you pi-star, you can then do the drops from your own hotspot instead of BM....not sure thats much better
AA1PR

Post by AA1PR »

KG6RUT wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 2:57 am well like I said, its for dropping Dynamic TG's, and yes very annoying if you cant disconnect.

If you add the BM API to you pi-star, you can then do the drops from your own hotspot instead of BM....not sure thats much better
thanks, Ill research on how to do that